• Jehovah's Witness
    • Southern Baptist
    • Pentecostal
    • Evangelical

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tuffy. I was born and raised LDS and it is where i currently attend however I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.I've come to realize that the reason I am LDS is the reason most people are what religion they are whether they be Protestant ,Catholic ,Baptist, Jewish,Islamic, etc.I was born into it. I was taught that i was lucky to be born into the correct church but would i have heard any different if i was raised Catholic? Would i have been baptized if the Missionaries gave me the lessons at 20 instead of getting the lessons from birth and doing it at eight like my parents wanted? I don't know.

Ive been studying the difference religions and kinda like Deism.

In Deism God hands off which explains a lot of the inconsistencies in all religions in general.

I was looking at the poll again, and noticed the option atheist is italicized. I am pretty certain it was not done on purpose.

But it is strange as none of the other options are written in italics.

Some things just make me go "hmmmm," and this is one of them.

Elphie

It is because its the one you picked.

I picked other and other is italicized

I was looking at the poll again, and noticed the option atheist is italicized. I am pretty certain it was not done on purpose.

Elphie

They were giving you hint, but didn't want to announce it was open-book. LOL

Catholic is in italics on my screen.

-Carol-an italicized Catholic

Elphie

the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints is most correct religion, it has living prophet and 12 apostles.... say in hebrew 13:8 ' god is not unchangegable, he is alpha and the omega, or first and last.' so i conclude that " when jesus called prophet at the ancient time, then he will call today in our time...." i know god love each of as in the ancient time and today our time....

I have been going to the church of god 7thday. seventeen years ago I was baptized in the mormon church.I had very severe family problems shortly after I started going to church.

After I moved away I quit going to church until 5years ago. Then I was one day visited by some missionaries. They have been very patient with me on my beliefs. Yesterday was the first time in 17 years that I attended the Mormon church. I really felt like I was wanted there.I will probably go back again for services.