New Family Search program

darrel

What is the link to the new Family Search web site? My husband was told to register but the Family History person forgot to tell us the link!!!

thanks!!!

new.familysearch.org is the one you need.

It somehow uses your membership number/confirmation date to check if your area is online - when I tried to register I was refused because our temple district isn't online until September 2008.

A week later I was called as a ward family history consultant (!) so I get access regardless. These are exciting times...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

All or most all Family History Consultants can help you with the New.FamilySearch.org. Each Ward should have a FHConsultant. The Las Vegas Temple District went live on Jan 26 2009. The address for new family search can be found if you go to google and put in new family search. The URL is https://new.familysearch.org This may not be hyperlinked so you may need to copy and put into your browser. FamilySearch, New FamilySearch and FamilySearch Indexing are three different programs as explained already. This is a great program and I am excited about it.

We have been able to use NFS in the Sacramento Temple district since last January, and it has been quite a large learning curve for us all. The site initially had lots of "bugs", but each time I use it, which is daily, it has been improved. Whenever you are able to get started, you'll feel truly blessed to be living in these latter days! But, as with everything related to computers, it isn't perfect, and probably won't be until the Millenium.