What is the Word of God

Elgama

I am finding this interesting now lol - I have always believed that Jesus was the Word of God and that the Bible (and for me as LDS other scriptures) contained his words.

How do you define it?

-Charley

I think you are trying to relate the ‘The Word’ as described by John as the Savior or the chosen Christ [see John 1:1, 14].

The other usage, ‘The Word of God’, as described in 1 Nephi 15:24 [1 Nephi 11:25] is the same meaning as Revelation 2:27 – means the ‘Iron Rod’. The Word of God is the Gospel of Christ. The Gospel of Christ is the Plan of the Father or the other end of the spectrum – the Atonement.

I think you are trying to relate the ‘The Word’ as described by John as the Savior or the chosen Christ [see John 1:1, 14].

The other usage, ‘The Word of God’, as described in 1 Nephi 15:24 [1 Nephi 11:25] is the same meaning as Revelation 2:27 – means the ‘Iron Rod’. The Word of God is the Gospel of Christ. The Gospel of Christ is the Plan of the Father or the other end of the spectrum – the Atonement.

?

surely though Christ is ultimately the Iron Rod as well? I see Him and His gospel as one?

I am just at the stage of formulating thoughts have not really expressed before

-Charley

Yes, but not Jehovah. The very nature of that title - THE CHRIST - has deeper meanings that most can comprehend. Jehovah is now the Christ after atonement and death; as the FATHER is a Christ.

The Word = CHRIST

need to go away and ponder this one some more I think my problem is for me Jesus is eternal so is the atonement - and for me he has really been Christ since the moment He said 'send me' That is the moment for which He became my Saviour, because that was the moment He agreed to do it.

Charley