Advice for yw lesson??

lchri134

Hi i am teaching lesson 37 the word of god as a standard. i am excited to give this lesson it talks about choosing gods way over the worldly way.

any ideas for object lessons in presenting this or any fun activities that go with this lesson. i really want to make this a fun lesson and one that they remember. If any youth are reading this your advice on lessons that have stuck with you would be appreciated!! Thanks! :)

The Word of God.

Jesus was the Word (verb, action) of God. By the Word were the worlds made (including our Earth).

The Word of God takes many forms:

Scripture

General Conference talks

Talks from the podium on Sundays / Firesides

But it is most potent in the form of "a still small voice" - the influence of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost leads us to Christ. The Holy Ghost gives us, quite literally, the WORDS of Christ.

Christ brings us unto the Father.

So the Word of God is quite powerful. The Iron Rod is the Word of God. Where does the Iron Rod lead us to? The Love of God, whose fruit is eternal life. Charity. The Love of Truth. The Love of the Way the Universe Works. Obedience is an act of Love.

Just my few thoughts as I ponder this.

Activity:

Maybe different sources of light in a dark room;

Pen light

Candle

Flashlight

Bigger Flashlight

Lights on a dimmer switch (if such is available)

Then turn the lights all the way on.

The more "Light" the better we can see.

God's word as our standard brings increasing LIGHT into our lives and helps us see better.