Davinci's Code And Stuff

Snow

Well, I finally broke down and read The Da Vinci Code.

Guess I can reccommend it (did I spell reccommend correctly) to ya'll. Quick read, fast paced - the whole thing takes place like in one or two days. Intricate storyline, complex situations, fascinating historical detail... you know, a great read, and stuff like that.

There are so many interesting and esoteric details and background information that I got a book to read along with it - Secrets of the Code - The Unauthorized Guide to the Mysteries of Behind the Da Vinci Code by Dan Burstein - so whenever an interesting or obscure thing popped up, like The Priory of Sion or the word "sub rosa" or sangreal or The Merovingians, I could turn to a more detached source for the straight scoop.

Of course there are whole websites just for the book with all the details and if you like to see what is being talked about, its all on the web anyway, like this church:

http://www.zone-tour.com/pages/files/eglise_stsulpice/

Originally posted by Snow+Jun 15 2004, 07:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 15 2004, 07:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Jun 15 2004, 05:06 AM

Actually, you didn't spell it correctly,

Yeah I did. Look at the first sentence of my post.

I am looking. What am I supposed to be seeing? That you spelled recommend wrong twice?

But, .............ummm............... back to the topic.........

Even though "The DaVinci Code" is a novel, it is based on some historical data, how far back it goes, and how "historical" it is, I am not sure. I know there is a book out called "Breaking the DaVinci Code" that is supposed to be excellent regarding the historical accurateness of what is discussed in the book "The DaVinci Code".

I have yet to read either of them, maybe that will be a good next project for me.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Jenda+Jun 15 2004, 09:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jun 15 2004, 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Jun 15 2004, 08:53 AM

Somethings...though true, are better left unsaid... <_<

I'm sorry, but he did ask.................... :o

who? asked what?

Originally posted by Jenda+Jun 15 2004, 08:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jun 15 2004, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Snow@Jun 15 2004, 07:55 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Jun 15 2004, 05:06 AM

Actually, you didn't spell it correctly,

Yeah I did. Look at the first sentence of my post.

I am looking. What am I supposed to be seeing? That you spelled recommend wrong twice?

Oh! Yeah, I spelled it wrong. I forgot I asked.

I thought you were commenting on my misspelling of Davinci instead of Da Vinci.

Thank you.