Can you wiggle your ears?

:huh: Huh?

President Monson related a story how a young man in the congregation was copying his every move. He decided to put the young man to the ultimate test. When he got up to address the congregation, he wiggled his ears at the young man...and then demonstrated this while speaking at the priesthood session. It was hilarious.

Anyway, the point of the story was how the youth look to and copy their parents and leaders.

The funny part was how President Monson seemed to get such satisfaction when "He got him" and when the father turned back to see what his son was referring to, that President Monson had his arms folded.

It was great! I'm glad I didn't miss it!

I just about died earlier today when President Monson talked about having worked with Elder Wirthlin for many years. Elder Wirthlin would call him at 8:00 PM in Germany because "it was the only time he could reach me" President Monson said.

Then President Monson revealed that these calls came at 12:00 midnight Salt Lake time. :)

I just about had a coronary. It is the funniest darn thing I've ever heard President Monson say. And his delivery was perfect! I was howling.

I love prophets with a sense of humor! Pres. Hinkley was great, and I know Pres. Monson will be great too.

*not to imply that a prophet is only as good as his sense of humor*

You're absolutely right!

However, something I've been pondering on is that President Hinckley was such an OUTGOING Prophet. He was such a great person as the face and voice of the Church to those not of our faith.

Will President Monson be able to continue this outreach?

It may just be my impression, but all the Presidents of the Church before President Hinckley were very much focused on internal affairs of the members of the church - not as much on what others think of the Church.

Being on Larry King Live (2x), 60 minutes, changing the Church logo, an explosive temple-building program, the new Conference center, 2 Proclamations and the Special Witnesses of Christ video... he had done quite a lot to help get positive news out about the Church.

His pace will be tough to emulate. I hope President Monson is up to the task!

• 2 weeks later...