Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: Scripture without end the bible - 178 General Conference

darrel

I loved Elder Holland's speech about the need for continuing revelation, and how one book does not add to or diminish another, just like one prophet's calling does not erase the calling of a prior one.

The Book of Mormon supports the Bible, it verifies, explains its teachings and principles, and more importantly, it testifies of Jesus Christ.

"...In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." 2 Cor. 13:1

The Bible is one, the Book of Mormon is two,...

Thank you Heather for this great work. Judging by the time stamps on the videos, it looks like you were up quite late finishing, but thank you again!!

On Elder Holland's talk, there was another Youtube member who put some music and a slideshow to part of Elder Holland's talk:

Combined with the powerful message, this is a beautiful video I would recommend to everyone.

I thank Elder Holland for his relentless teaching, with clarity - the doctrines and beliefs of the LDS Church.

Last conference he gave us the great doctrinal teaching of the Godhead. This conference, we now have excellent teaching on the importance of the Bible; the justification and need for modern scripture; and the very real and necessary part that living prophets and personal revelation add to the total ability to witness of Jesus Christ!

It is becoming more and more clear, that The Book of Mormon, as "another witness of Jesus Christ" is imperative in bearing witness of Jesus Christ today.

I recently had a conversation with a very intelligent man, who wrote an extensive article about 'why' we needed to cast off the Old Testament in the Bible. He cited many renowned scholarly references, who are advocating for this move. Apparently, it is becoming more agreed upon in general Christianity - that the Old Testament is just that... old!

It is felt, that the laws, etc... of the Old Testament - do not speak to Christians of today. Hence, get rid of them! This is a real movement and one to be taken seriously by all.

I felt to tell him how grateful I was for the coming forth of The Book of Mormon, as Another Testament of Jesus Christ. We purport that the Book of Mormon stands along side the Bible in bearing testimony of Jesus Christ.

I had an epiphany as I was passionately explaining this to him,and went on to write - that surely the wisdom of God foresaw such a time, when the Book of Mormon would not only witness "with" the Bible as another same witness that He lives; but that it would literally stand up "for" its holy record and witness!

Both The Book of Mormon and The Holy Bible, each - contain the fullness of The Gospel. The law of witnesses requires two complete testimonies to fulfill the law!

Without the coming forth of The Book of Mormon today... the Bible would stand alone in testimony of Jesus Christ, and be in true jeopardy of being squelched as a complete record.

The stick of Joseph and Judah are now together in the hand as one powerful witness, proclaiming that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world!

The law of witnesses, which God himself declared in the "Old Testament" cannot be refuted... no matter how loud 'man' becomes!

Thank you Elder Holland for your great and profound prophetic teaching to us, the Saints - who desire to testify with power, the things of God and the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ this DAY!

tDMg

LdsNana

The Most Correct Book Of Any On Earth... Have You Read It?

Link to Elder Holland's Talk:

LDS.org - Ensign Article - The Only True God and Jesus Christ Whom He Hath Sent

I felt so good inside when Elder Holland began his talk by acknowledging the "falling of the mantle" on the shoulders of President Monson. I had felt a similar witness earlier while listening to President Monson.