Richard G. Scott: Mormon LDS 178th General Conference

Heather

Elder Scott's talk had a profound impact on me. I have been struggling for many years now after being raped. I have been terrified to talk about it for fear of losing my friends. Elder Scott's talk has encouraged me to break the silence. I have not been able to do this yet, but I am working on it.

I find him to be a kind, sensitive, loving man. I was amazed how well he handled this difficult topic.

I have been inactive for quite some time. Scared to return to church. I do listen to church talks online and watch general conference online. Elder Scott's talk has helped me realise that I am a daughter of God and I am loved and I am worthy of His love. I want to return and this talk has brought me closer to going back. The hardest thing is to just do it.

Elder Scott's talk had a profound impact on me. I have been struggling for many years now after being raped. I have been terrified to talk about it for fear of losing my friends. Elder Scott's talk has encouraged me to break the silence. I have not been able to do this yet, but I am working on it.

I find him to be a kind, sensitive, loving man. I was amazed how well he handled this difficult topic.

I have been inactive for quite some time. Scared to return to church. I do listen to church talks online and watch general conference online. Elder Scott's talk has helped me realise that I am a daughter of God and I am loved and I am worthy of His love. I want to return and this talk has brought me closer to going back. The hardest thing is to just do it.

Iozza,

I am touched by your post. It is great to hear that you have been staying in touch with the message of the Church by way of the Internet. I don't pretend to know what you have been going through because of this terrible event in your life. I can only imagine... Let the feelings and thoughts you have had continue to grow in you. That is God speaking to you by way of the Holy Ghost. That, if anything, should be a sure indication to you that God loves you, and that you are His daughter. God does love you and desires to heal you. That I am sure of.

I do know a thing or two about how hard it is to just "do it". Satan wants to keep you away, and to keep you down. He knows that if you make the choice to come back, that not only are you personally coming closer to Christ, but you will also be able to help others who are stuggling with similar issues. It definetly is a leap of faith, but I am confident that your righteous choice will be rewarded with the sweetest of blessings. It sounds like you have the faith to do it. :)

Thanks for sharing with us your thoughts on Elder Scott's talk, and how it has helped you. God bless you on your journey back.

Sincerely,

Vanhin