President Thomas S. Monson - Sunday Morning 178th General Conference

Heather

This talk really touched me. I was inspired by his story about his ancestors and how they overcame tragedy in their journey to Salt Lake after joining the church in Sweden.

I have been coming back to the church after a long absence (I've posted about that) and I have had some doubts about how my reactivity in the church would affect my marriage and family. Sometimes I get confused about what I should do because I face opposition from my husband.

Pres. Monson's talk caused me to feel the spirit so strongly. He spoke of those who had taken a detour and found only a spiritual dead end. That so described what happened to me.

And he spoke of rejoining the fellowship of the Saints.

That is what I am going to do. I will be rebaptized on April 19th.

Thank you Pres. Monson.

I am trying to find a video clip where President Monson joked about Elder Wirthlin calling him on the phone at 12 midnight.

It was right after Elder Wirthlin spoke.

I love Pres. Monson. I always have. He is awesome. I was at a BYU women's conference about 5 years ago and I heard the most hiliarous talk about him going grocery shopping for his wife when she was sick. I remember him talking about rolling tomatoes on the floor and all kinds of other funny stuff. He has just as much a sense of humor as Pres. Hinckley if not more. Very funny!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...