Real work-at-home jobs

StrawberryFields

I was reading this and thought that it may be of interest to some mom's who want to stay at home yet want to earn money as well. In addition the the link below my sister-in-law works for Jet Blue airlines. She was required to train on the job but after a short time they let her do it from home. She also gets get travel benefits too.

Real work-at-home jobs

4 real jobs you can do from home - MSN Money

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any good, reliable jobs like this?

I need a work-at-home one myself, but I don't even know where to really start looking.

I don't have any IT training, or CSR experience. I'd prefer data entry, but I have no idea how to go about finding a place to apply at.

Any and all help appreciated.

Does anyone know of any good, reliable jobs like this?

I need a work-at-home one myself, but I don't even know where to really start looking.

I don't have any IT training, or CSR experience. I'd prefer data entry, but I have no idea how to go about finding a place to apply at.

Any and all help appreciated.

Hi VOL,

I don't know where you live, but here in Utah we have a State Vocational Rehabilitation Department, where people with disabilities can go for evaluation, testing and training. If the evaluation shows the person would work better at home, then the department will help the person find a job that allows this, and provide the training as well.

The evaluation includes discovering mental illnesses like depression, and based on your posts, I think your depression is serious enough you might qualify for this type of help.

I was able to get my degree with help from "Voc Rehab," and the reason was because of my severe depression.

It might just be worth looking into.

Elphaba

I need to find something like this. I want to make a little extra cash but don't want to leave my kids yet. I actually heard about the Jet Blue thing and called on it. They said you had to speak Spanish. That makes me OUT! I only speak toddler! :)

I would love to know if anyone has any ideas. I was thinking about affiliate programs. Anybody have any experience with them?

My only suggestion here..and being a former director of a direct sales company..do not join anything that says it is a direct-sales or multi level marketing company. But for true jobs that won't leave you in debt.

First let me point you to crown financial ministries

this is a free sourse and its counselors free to those trying to get a grip on their finances in a bibical way. It is amazing...this will help you really get on top of rather you need to a 2nd job as a mother or not.

But if you do end up needing to work. Are you crafty? Can you make something and market your own website? I know of moms who do this..or medical transcriptist is a good job?

You could learn to make children hairbows and market your website that way.

There are lots of jobs with flexiable hours to work around family. But first contact crown financial ministries.

MLM's are not inherently bad. They are not a regular job. They are your own personal business and as such require start up costs. For example, in order to start your own in home day care there are certain requirements that have to be met with Licensing and those requirements cost you money. If you are going to open an online store there are start up costs as well.

If you got into debt because of an MLM it's likely because you fell into the trap of "must have everything on hand for customers" or "I really want this stuff for myself" and buying too much stuff to have in stock. You don't have to have everything in stock. You build up. It's like food storage. You don't go out and spend a thousand dollars on food storage all at once. You buy slowly to have things on hand when needed (for customers) and for yourself (to show your customers that you use and enjoy the products as well).

Here are a few MLMs that are good:

Pampered Chef

Creative Memories

Quixtar (which has a Christian base)

Mary Kay

I know there are a few others out there but those are the ones that came to mind.

However, the last paragraph of the article needs to emphasized especially the parts I bolded.

"The folks I interviewed who are making decent money at home also made decent money in the regular workplace world. They tended to have good educations, strong business skills and a history of workplace success. If you're organized, focused, a self-starter and possessed of in-demand skills, you could do OK at home. If you're not, your options are likely to be more limited."

And of course PRAY about what to do to meet your family's needs.

MLM's are not inherently bad. They are not a regular job. They are your own personal business and as such require start up costs. For example, in order to start your own in home day care there are certain requirements that have to be met with Licensing and those requirements cost you money. If you are going to open an online store there are start up costs as well.

If you got into debt because of an MLM it's likely because you fell into the trap of "must have everything on hand for customers" or "I really want this stuff for myself" and buying too much stuff to have in stock. You don't have to have everything in stock. You build up. It's like food storage. You don't go out and spend a thousand dollars on food storage all at once. You buy slowly to have things on hand when needed (for customers) and for yourself (to show your customers that you use and enjoy the products as well).

Here are a few MLMs that are good:

Pampered Chef

Creative Memories

Quixtar (which has a Christian base)

Mary Kay

I know there are a few others out there but those are the ones that came to mind.

However, the last paragraph of the article needs to emphasized especially the parts I bolded.

"The folks I interviewed who are making decent money at home also made decent money in the regular workplace world. They tended to have good educations, strong business skills and a history of workplace success. If you're organized, focused, a self-starter and possessed of in-demand skills, you could do OK at home. If you're not, your options are likely to be more limited."

And of course PRAY about what to do to meet your family's needs.

umm I was a senior director for one of those companies. Thank you lord that i did not go into debt but many many do!!! It is not for what you stated though

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if anyone is a teacher with a state teaching credential but you don't want to be out of the home to teach in the classroom, "virtual academies" are popping up in most states. they need certificated teachers to supervise parents as they teach their children from home using a great curriculum. The schools are publicly funded, which is why they need real teachers to make sure the student is being taught. k12 is the curriculum so you can go to their website to see if there is a virtual academy in your state that uses it. The one in commiefornia is California Virtual Academies

Pay in california is 25-35K and you work from home.

K12: K12 Inc. - Home schooling curriculum, public school options, virtual academy schools, virtual charter, distance learning programs for elementary & high school grades, in Science, Math, History, English, Language Arts and more!

• 3 weeks later...

I work at home doing medical transcription. There are so many perks and it can really be a lucrative field. I know of people who bring home 5,000 a month doing it but it definitely takes effort and practice. I would sincerely recommend the Career Step program! All of my sisters and I took their medical transcription course and received more than 1 legitimate job offer after graduating. I love my job and am so happy there. Send me a message if you are going to sign up and tell them I referred you. A lot of companies waive their 2 year experience requirement for Career Step graduates.

the best type home based business is something you already know how to do and enjoy doing, ie if you were in marketing before the babies came, go out to some small business in your area and sell your sevices and do it while the kiddos sleep

dave ramsey talks about this all the time

the best type home based business is something you already know how to do and enjoy doing, ie if you were in marketing before the babies came, go out to some small business in your area and sell your sevices and do it while the kiddos sleep

dave ramsey talks about this all the time

The only bad part about that is..for those that want to be stay at home moms and earn money...you would have to hire someone to stay with your kids while the "kiddos" sleep. You then no longer are entirely a stay at home mom.

The only bad part about that is..for those that want to be stay at home moms and earn money...you would have to hire someone to stay with your kids while the "kiddos" sleep. You then no longer are entirely a stay at home mom.

alot of stuff can be done online and such, granted you'll have to have a sitter a couple times while you go out and pound the ground, or you can phone small businesses, discuss what you'd like to do and email them examples of your stuff....

I work at home doing medical transcription. There are so many perks and it can really be a lucrative field. I know of people who bring home 5,000 a month doing it but it definitely takes effort and practice. I would sincerely recommend the Career Step program! All of my sisters and I took their medical transcription course and received more than 1 legitimate job offer after graduating. I love my job and am so happy there. Send me a message if you are going to sign up and tell them I referred you. A lot of companies waive their 2 year experience requirement for Career Step graduates.

my wife did career step 5 yrs ago. had her first client before she took her final. never had a shortage of work. i think she's around 12 cents a line now.

What is normally the cost for something like this?

It costs about 900 to 1500 depending upon which type of enrollment you choose. The course is the same no matter what, it just comes with different benefits and options (graduate consultation, more reference books, resume help, job placement help etc...) The course can take a person as little as 3-4 months if you work at it fulltime, but most people finish it within a year. I think it took me 8 or 9 months.

Mystery Shopping is always easy, and fun. If you live in a rural area there isn't as much competition. If anybody wants more info on this just send me a message and i'll try and hook you up.

I have done merchandising for department stores and I have heard about these mystery shoppers but didn't think it was real thing which pays you. Can you tell me how it works?

• 1 year later...

I need to find something like this. I want to make a little extra cash but don't want to leave my kids yet. I actually heard about the Jet Blue thing and called on it. They said you had to speak Spanish. That makes me OUT! I only speak toddler! :)

I would love to know if anyone has any ideas. I was thinking about affiliate programs. Anybody have any experience with them?

Miss Halfway! Do you remember me? It has been awhile since I have been on, but I saw your post on this topic. I see that this post was awhile ago, but I wanted to tell you what I am doing for extra money. If you are interested, I can tell you more about it. Message me and we'll talk! Hope all is well with you and your family!

• 1 year later...

I know that this is kind of a dead thread but let me share some few info on real work at home. You can find them at various legitimate outsourcing sites like odesk, elance and freelancer. You can bid on open projects and jobs that are posted.

For more info about such sites and how they operate you can read this article: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/22/the-top-6-outsourcing-sites-and-how-to-use-them

The best stay at home job ever: Programming!

For real. I've been doing it for almost 10 years now - I mean, from home. I've been programming for money since I was 12 years old and I'm no spring chicken. I used to make more money than my husband until he got a mega promotion.

Another one that a friend of mine is doing: Ebay/Amazon selling. She made a deal with the newspaper people to get unsold Sunday papers on Monday. She sells the coupons on Ebay. Like those $3 off coupons for diapers, she can sell those for $1.00 plus the cost of a stamp. She also scrounges garage sales or craigs for used books (she does some research on Amazon on what kinds of books are selling - like certain authors and such) and sells them on Ebay as Lots or individually through Amazon. She does this for music CDs too (this has become a niche market due to the ipods and the like). So, she has this tiny office in her condo in one wall of her dining room with a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf that houses her "business". You open the folding doors to her bookshelf office and it's packed with shipping supplies, some inventory that she hasn't sold yet, and a computer. She can make a thousand bucks a month with that little bookshelf office.

Another friend of mine is working from home - in the Philippines even! He does graphic designs for US customers. A lot of his business is making little animated images for websites and photoshopping catalog photos. He also does graphic design for personalized bday invitations and matching iron-on t-shirt transfers for give-aways.

Anyway, just a few ideas.