Presidential Medal Of Freedom

Snow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by john doe@Jun 21 2004, 10:11 PM

I would be uncomfortable referring to Pres. Hinckley (or any other prophet of God for that matter) as "holy father" or "his holiness". The title suggests some sort of demi-god status, something which the prophets don't claim to have. I'd just settle for having the world refer to him as "prophet, seer, and revelator".

The proper reference to the LDS leader is just as given at the first of this post - President Hinckley.

I did not read all post but president Hinckley's acceptance of the honor in behalf of all service men (LDS and non-LDS) was quite telling of his humble character.

The Traveler

Snow say:

" Now that's about a big an example of desperation as I've ever seen. You apologize to yourself on behalf of someone else and then you make a point of telling others that you accept your own apology."

ahhh, snow...

and what, pray tell, am I so "desperate" (in your terms) about, hmmm?

Originally posted by john doe@Jun 21 2004, 10:11 PM

I would be uncomfortable referring to Pres. Hinckley (or any other prophet of God for that matter) as "holy father" or "his holiness". The title suggests some sort of demi-god status, something which the prophets don't claim to have. I'd just settle for having the world refer to him as "prophet, seer, and revelator".

I agree with you John Doe.. Respect shown would be a good thing...but not Idolation.

Originally posted by punaboy@Jul 5 2004, 04:25 PM

Snow say:

" Now that's about a big an example of desperation as I've ever seen. You apologize to yourself on behalf of someone else and then you make a point of telling others that you accept your own apology."

ahhh, snow...

and what, pray tell, am I so "desperate" (in your terms) about, hmmm?

How would I know? I'm not your mother or your pyschologist. I just know that apologizing to yourself on behalf of someone else and then accepting the apology is desperate.

Snow, I did not "apologize to myself", as you try to put it. I simply accepted Faerie's failure to respond to my query, as her apology. If she wants to explain her comments or refute mine, I am sure she is quite capable of doing so without your help. But she remains silent here. So I accept her apology for making untrue comments about me, elegance itself.

Has nothing to do with "desperation" which is wholly your fiction. Quite a humorous exchange, actually... :P

Originally posted by punaboy@Jul 3 2004, 07:14 PM

Faerie says:

" what he actually said still went WHOOSH over your head peon...or perhaps you're too obsessed w/ spelling to notice..."

being charitable, I will take your failure to respond to my requests for a clarification of your above unsupporable statement as an apology, which I accept. :P

what the hell are you talking about?

Originally posted by punaboy@Jul 8 2004, 02:31 PM

Faerie plays dumb in a desperate attempt to avoid responding directly concerning her unsupportble statement:

" Faerie says:

" what he actually said still went WHOOSH over your head peon...or perhaps you're too obsessed w/ spelling to notice..."

being charitable, I will take your failure to respond to my requests for a clarification of your above unsupporable statement as an apology, which I accept. "

I think enough is enough.....

Originally posted by Faerie+Jun 23 2004, 01:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Jun 23 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--punaboy@Jun 23 2004, 03:24 PM

some of you folks have no sense of irony. my comments about Snow's spelling (and need for spellcheck) referred to HIS comments to Winnie about her spelling and grammar, in her current thread. I mean, if you are going to criticize others for their spelling, mebbe you ought to spell correctly yourself? Snow has been cutting down Winnie for years for this. Personally, I don't care that much about spelling, having mastered it in my youth, but I recognize that many people have trouble with it (and that's ok), and also that a bbs isn't a formal paper.

And sorry Faerie, for not recognizing your gender, but really, I have never read one of your posts that ID'd your gender...

Still, you didn't see Snow's mispellings? that's pretty funny, and pray tell, WHAT exactly did I miss in his post?

It really doesn't take much to make enemies on this board, btw... :blink:

hmmm...my user name is FAERIE..and i'm PREGNANT...hmmm

or how about your signature?

Anyways,

Punaboy, welcome to the site. Stick around a while. There are many kinds of folks here. Don't let a few tongue-in-cheek responses disuade you from continuing your religous eduaction here at the LDS online university. :P

It's funny how it doesn't matter which KIND of bbc you post on, there is always your daily drama. I used to help run a well known site, and that's why I left. At least it's not out of control here like it was there. I'm glad the arguements here aren't foul like that other place.

Originally posted by broadway@Jul 13 2004, 04:05 PM

Punaboy, welcome to the site. Stick around a while. There are many kinds of folks here. Don't let a few tongue-in-cheek responses disuade you from continuing your religous eduaction here at the LDS online university. :P

sorry broadway....i think he's already run hisself off da board..lol

Originally posted by ExMormon-Jason@Jun 23 2004, 03:22 PM

Well, the office of the Pope has been around for 1800+ years. It's the oldest official office on earth. I think there's a reason why, don't you?

"I wonder what we'd have to do to get them to refer to President Hinkley with a similar amount of respect?"

Wait for another 1600 years and see if the LDS church is still around?

And the adversary has been around longer than the Catholic Church. What is your point??? Time does not dictate position, nor title. Jesus Christ was on the earth for 33 years(give or take a few). Truth but for a moments existance on this earth is still truth.

And the principles and ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ have existed as Celestial Law before this world was, so I don't think the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is going anywhere. I guess the only thing left is to see how long it takes you to come to terms with that. 1600 years is but a drop in the pale of the Plan of Salvation.

And the Mansion in the House of our Father that is prepared for President Hinckley and his wonderful spouse will far exceed the earthly titles he recieves here from non-members. But nonetheless, a wonderful achievment for a wonderful man, and a wonderful prophet. A modern-day King Benjamin.