Manual on Priesthood Duties

Is there one manual that covers the duties of the Aaronic and

Melchizedek Priesthoods? I'm Aaronic right now and hopefully

some time early 2009 I will be Melchizedek. I want a manual that

covers the duties of both.

By the way - last week I got to pass the Sacrament and this Sunday

I got to break the bread!

Hoosier, ask your bishop/branch pres if he has any of the OLD preisthood manuals. they at least have all the Melchezdeck ordanance stuff, if you cant find one, i'll scan mine when i get it out of storage.....but i'm guessing someone else in here has one a lil more handy

but most ward libraries have them

There are manuals, yes.

LDSCatalog HTML REDIRECT

Under Church Organizations > Aaronic Priesthood > Handbooks and Guidebooks

You'll want "Aaronic Priesthood" section of the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 2.

Under Church Organizations > Melchizedek Priesthood > handbooks and Guidebooks

You'll want "Melchizedek Priesthood," section 1 of the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 2 .

They are free and there's no shipping charges in America.

• 3 weeks later...

On this website, you can get two books.

Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood. Basic manual for Priesthood Holders Part A

Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood. Basic manual for Priesthood Holders Part B

I got these two books about two months ago. They teach a lot of principles and gives directions for ordinances and so on.

Same place as vision's

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked out D&C 20: 38-60?? I know that you're probably looking for something more but this breaks it down to fundemetals.

38 The aduty of the elders, priests, teachers, deacons, and members of the church of Christ—An bapostle is an celder, and it is his calling to dbaptize;

39 And to aordain other elders, priests, teachers, and deacons;

40 And to administer abread and wine—the bemblems of the flesh and blood of Christ—

41 And to aconfirm those who are baptized into the church, by the laying on of bhands for the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, according to the scriptures;

42 And to teach, expound, exhort, baptize, and watch over the church;

43 And to confirm the church by the laying on of the hands, and the giving of the Holy Ghost;

44 And to take the alead of all meetings.

45 The elders are to aconduct the bmeetings as they are cled by the Holy Ghost, according to the commandments and revelations of God.

46 The apriest’s duty is to preach, bteach, expound, exhort, and baptize, and administer the sacrament,

47 And visit the house of each member, and exhort them to apray bvocally and in secret and attend to all cfamily duties.

48 And he may also aordain other priests, teachers, and deacons.

49 And he is to take the alead of meetings when there is no elder present;

50 But when there is an elder present, he is only to preach, teach, expound, exhort, and baptize,

51 And visit the house of each member, exhorting them to pray vocally and in secret and attend to all family duties.

52 In all these duties the priest is to aassist the elder if occasion requires.

53 The ateacher’s duty is to bwatch over the cchurch always, and be with and strengthen them;

54 And see that there is no iniquity in the church, neither ahardness with each other, neither lying, bbackbiting, nor cevil dspeaking;

55 And see that the church meet together often, and also see that all the members do their duty.

56 And he is to take the lead of meetings in the absence of the elder or priest—

57 And is to be assisted always, in all his duties in the church, by the adeacons, if occasion requires.

58 But neither teachers nor deacons have authority to baptize, administer the asacrament, or lay on bhands;

59 They are, however, to warn, expound, exhort, and teach, and invite all to come unto Christ.

60 Every aelder, bpriest, teacher, or deacon is to be cordained daccording to the gifts and callings of God unto him; and he is to be eordained by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is in the one who ordains him.

• 4 years later...
Guest sweetwaer

I'm a lifer member born under covenant and R.M. with all the in between average callings and such as the short storey goes.

Have some brain damage from auto accident and chemical injuries... takes a lickin and keeps on tickin....:)

I'll ask the question that I had here for fear I'll lose my memory bookmark and forget. I was looking at posts trying to find a Melchizedek Priesthood manual part specific to [for not knowing a better way to put it] 'Church policies and instructions pertaining to Demon possession and Exorcism': I need to get the scoop on the doop straight from the horses mouth not from forums of heresay. Does anyone have a lead on whether it exists in the Church manuals or not and what it specifies? Thanx :D S.W.