who is right the lds or the Flds??

lostnfound

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they live within the law and do not force their children to marry then I think they should be allowed to live their own lifestyle even though I don't agree with it. If however they have been forcing children to marry and forcing young teenage girls to have babies below the legal age of consent then I think they should be made to conform to the laws of the land. I don't agree with the way the State of Texas has gone about doing this though as it seems that the innocent have suffered more than the guilty.

If they live within the law and do not force their children to marry then I think they should be allowed to live their own lifestyle even though I don't agree with it. If however they have been forcing children to marry and forcing young teenage girls to have babies below the legal age of consent then I think they should be made to conform to the laws of the land. I don't agree with the way the State of Texas has gone about doing this though as it seems that the innocent have suffered more than the guilty.

How would you have liked the state of texas to handle it? Considering their lifestyle and if these kids were being forced to have sex with older men..In a common household they do exactly that they remove the kids until they investigate..any thoughts

In light of what is going on in Texas I am curious as to what current members of the lds church think of the Flds. Do you agree with their lifestyle? Are they closer the truth of what joseph smith taught? Any thoughts..

It comes by prayer for the truth to be answered. Just have hope and faith in yourself that it will be answered.

We still love our fellow men regardless of their beliefs as long it does not take away a persons free agency and violates the law of the Land we hold true - namely the Constitution. Through our own obedience to the commandments given by the God and the Savior, we do govern ourselves. :D

Having some advance planning about what they were going to do once they had 'rescued' the children might not have gone amiss. Somewhere decent to house them and ensure they had washing facilities and enough food and water would have been basic. The first reports I heard from the women who were released was that drinking water had been refused even to nursing mothers after a certain time in the evening. If that is true, and if the photographs of the conditions are to be believed then the whole thing seem barbaric and brutal. Surely access to plain drinking water should be a basic human right.(We seem to be repeating a previous thread here.)

I think they're nuts basically haha. They have this huge " It's unconsitutional" defense about the raid on their compound, but since when have THEY ever even followed the law??? Also, if they believe in the Book of Mormon (which they do), I think they missed the part that says " obey the laws of the land." I'm not a fan of them at all. But, I respect the fact that they truly believe they have the true church and that they have felt violated especially with the search in their temple. I would feel sick if the government did that with the LDS temple. So I can see where they're coming from somewhat. However, it doesn't make their religion true or right in any way, so they had it coming.

The FLDS's lifestyle choices do not agree with LDS Church Teachings nor are the lawful. In short, they violate both Gods laws and Mans laws and as such, they will be held accountable and justice served.

P.S. I do however stand in amazement that there are men that can keep multiple women happy. I have trouble keeping one happy! :^)

Guest User-Removed

In light of what is going on in Texas I am curious as to what current members of the lds church think of the Flds. Do you agree with their lifestyle? Are they closer the truth of what joseph smith taught? Any thoughts..

This is obviously a trick question written by someone well schooled in the priestcrafts of the book "How To Witness To Mormons"

Having said that...I'm particularily ashamed that no one here seems to be able to bear their testimony of the Prophet Joseph.

I know without a shadow of a doubt, that the Prophet Joseph was foreordained in the Councils of Heaven to restore the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that today...RIGHT THIS MINUTE...Thomas S. Monson possesses the same keys and authority bestowed upon the Prophet Joseph by Peter, James and John. I know that the Gospel is true...I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God...written anciently, so that we in this dispensation might know the will of the Lord.

I know that the Lord directs this work....that we're able to receive revelation(s) for ourselves and our family.

Additionally...I know that the Jeffs Cult is lead by the Father of all lies. I know that Satan employs a great many "Christian Theologians" to lead and deceive the people.

I thank God prayerfully everyday for the life and works of the Prophet Joseph. I know that if I live righteously...I too will live to see Joseph, Brigham and all the Prophets from Moses...to Nephi...to Moroni...to Peter...and onto the Prophets of the Restoration stand with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ on that wonderous day when we'll again be resurrected to finish the works of this dispensation.

I further know there will be much weeping and wailing from those who's lives were spent in service to Satan...working against the Prophets of the Restoration

This I bear witness to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...

Amen

Guest User-Removed

P.S. I do however stand in amazement that there are men that can keep multiple women happy. I have trouble keeping one happy! :^)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When I was a kid in seminary...I always thought polygamy would be fun...till I got married....bwahahahahahaha

This is obviously a trick question written by someone well schooled in the priestcrafts of the book "How To Witness To Mormons"

Having said that...I'm particularily ashamed that no one here seems to be able to bear their testimony of the Prophet Joseph.

I know without a shadow of a doubt, that the Prophet Joseph was foreordained in the Councils of Heaven to restore the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that today...RIGHT THIS MINUTE...Thomas S. Monson possesses the same keys and authority bestowed upon the Prophet Joseph by Peter, James and John. I know that the Gospel is true...I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God...written anciently, so that we in this dispensation might know the will of the Lord.

I know that the Lord directs this work....that we're able to receive revelation(s) for ourselves and our family.

Additionally...I know that the Jeffs Cult is lead by the Father of all lies. I know that Satan employs a great many "Christian Theologians" to lead and deceive the people.

I thank God prayerfully everyday for the life and works of the Prophet Joseph. I know that if I live righteously...I too will live to see Joseph, Brigham and all the Prophets from Moses...to Nephi...to Moroni...to Peter...and onto the Prophets of the Restoration stand with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ on that wonderous day when we'll again be resurrected to finish the works of this dispensation.

I further know there will be much weeping and wailing from those who's lives were spent in service to Satan...working against the Prophets of the Restoration

This I bear witness to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...

Amen

I find this post somewhat curious. What is a priestcraft? schooled in witnessing to mormons? It was an honest question I was curious about in light of the News!!

The only thing someone needs to schooled in and the only thing..is the bible. By the way I have never read a testomony like that.. I am going to write it down..:)seriously..where is your witness that the holy scriptures are true..or that Jesus christ is your lord and savior? Is that also apart of lds testomony or does everyone have a different one?

Having some advance planning about what they were going to do once they had 'rescued' the children might not have gone amiss. Somewhere decent to house them and ensure they had washing facilities and enough food and water would have been basic. The first reports I heard from the women who were released was that drinking water had been refused even to nursing mothers after a certain time in the evening. If that is true, and if the photographs of the conditions are to be believed then the whole thing seem barbaric and brutal. Surely access to plain drinking water should be a basic human right.(We seem to be repeating a previous thread here.)

Good point. I wonder if those reports are true or not.

Just because MyDogSkip did not mention the Bible or the Savior in his written Testimony, doesn't mean he doesn't have a Testimony of them in his heart. His Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith (to whom the Revelation of polygamy was given) is what's most germane to this particular topic, and so that's (presumably) why MyDogSkip made it the focus of this particular utterance of Testimony. I know when I bare my Testimony it's different every time. Not because it's changed, but because what I feel a need to profess at that particular moment is different than what I've felt the need to profess at other moments.

Lostnfound, Priestcraft is found whenever people depart from the way of righteousness. When ever priestcraft shall take the place of God's authorized Priesthood, HIS mercy will be withdrawn. In the BOM had a form of it show up when Alma [ref Alma 1:12, 1:16] seen this in his day as we see it today.

What is priestcraft? Is a system by which men pretend to speak and act in the name of Deity [Lord] without authority and without power. Priesthood is the keys and authority to properly act and speak in the name of the Lord, and the power of the Priesthood will be manifest in the works of those who execise it.

Lostnfound, Priestcraft is found whenever people depart from the way of righteousness. When ever priestcraft shall take the place of God's authorized Priesthood, HIS mercy will be withdrawn. In the BOM had a form of it show up when Alma [ref Alma 1:12, 1:16] seen this in his day as we see it today.

What is priestcraft? Is a system by which men pretend to speak and act in the name of Deity [Lord] without authority and without power. Priesthood is the keys and authority to properly act and speak in the name of the Lord, and the power of the Priesthood will be manifest in the works of those who execise it.

My understanding of Priestcraft also includes anyone who is using the preaching of the word for personal gain; financial and otherwise.

I find this post somewhat curious. What is a priestcraft? schooled in witnessing to mormons? It was an honest question I was curious about in light of the News!!

The only thing someone needs to schooled in and the only thing..is the bible. By the way I have never read a testomony like that.. I am going to write it down..:)seriously..where is your witness that the holy scriptures are true..or that Jesus christ is your lord and savior? Is that also apart of lds testomony or does everyone have a different one?

Perhaps it might help for you to understand that many approach us pretending to ask questions but my have an other hidden agendas. Some come out in open protest. Some come to prove we are wrong. Many of the arguments you have used are very typical conversations that don't always end in the best of feelings. And with this being a less than personal medium of communication, it gets more difficult to discern the intensions of one another. THere are many that see these conversations as "practice" or to find ways to dismantle the position of the LDS church. We find those tactics tedious if not insulting. Because you are entering a ministry, and because you seem very enthusiastic about that and pointing out where we are wrong, you may find that some don't trust your intensions. We will answer a genuine question. Glad to do so. But sometimes, we feel like it just opens the door to further argument with little in the way of true listening and understanding. Some make it a hobby to find ways to argue with us. Make sense?

Who is right? Probably the FLDS and the LDS are both right in their own eyes. If Jesus or Joseph Smith were asked to make a choice, I don't really know which side they would choose. I kinda think they would both tell everyone involved to just love and pray for each other.

Who is wrong? The Texas State government and the CPS. (By the way, the Texas travel/tourism slogan is appropriately, "Texas, like a whole other country")

They could have gone in and taken only the children they suspected "at risk", but they took every child in the community, even infants. That makes no sense to me, and I would even call it extreme governmental abuse.

These videos of the Texas FLDS children just break my heart:

Happy Children at the Ranch

"I Don't Want to Go"

Girls Taken Away

Scared, Sad, Captive Children

Who is right? Probably the FLDS and the LDS are both right in their own eyes. If Jesus or Joseph Smith were asked to make a choice, I don't really know which side they would choose. I kinda think they would both tell everyone involved to just love and pray for each other.

Who is wrong? The Texas State government and the CPS. (By the way, the Texas travel/tourism slogan is appropriately, "Texas, like a whole other country")

They could have gone in and taken only the children they suspected "at risk", but they took every child in the community, even infants. That makes no sense to me, and I would even call it extreme governmental abuse.

"I Don't Want to Go"

Girls Taken Away

From what I can gather, they may not have had the strongest evidence to make the raid in the first place. IF the children were indeed being harmed, then absolutely action must be taken. I am just not sure if Tx has the proof it needs.

"I Don't Want to Go"

Girls Taken Away

Thank you Bethie for these videos. I about cried to watching them. These poor children really not understandng everything. especially the little ones.

Thank you for the post or the clarification. I am just going to let this one go. No need to get into an arguement over petty things. But i have never heard that word? Is it an official lds teaching? Where did the word come from? Is it in scripture somewhere?