pinoy, noypi.. about the philippines

aravis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Tagalog is both written language and a spoken one. Tagalog is the main dialect of the Filipinos. But there are other dialects spoken, like, Kapampangan, Ilokano, Waray, Cebuano, Pangasinense, Chabakano, Ilonggo, Bicolano to name a few.

Filipino language used to be based on Tagalog but now, according to the Commission on Filipino language, Filipino is the indigenous written and spoken language of Metro Manila and other urban centers in the Philippines used as the language of communication of ethnic groups.[7] (Filipino language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) .

I'm glad there are lots of people here who know about the Philippines and its food. I used to eat balut but it's not good for your blood pressure.

Edited by gomspal

I am lucky to have never got an up close and personal look at balut. My wife likes to eat balut and knows that if I take a look at it, I will tell her how disgusting it looks. :D

And yes I am currently living in the Philippines.

An interesting fact is that while Filipino is the national language, the language with the most speakers is Cebuano/Visayan.

I think it's time to go out to Jollibee for breakfast. :)

Balut isn't good for my blood pressure and I haven't even tried it. All I have to do is look at it and my blood pressure raises.

im a filipina living in the philippines!

i don't eat balut either, though my father always tells me it's healthy.

pancit is a must for all occasions and gatherings. i always prefer pancit bihon (thinner noodles) from pancit canton.

and yes, jollibee. i eat there at least once a week. haha!

don't forget philippine mangoes! a must try if you'll come visit the country!

im a filipina living in the philippines!

i don't eat balut either, though my father always tells me it's healthy.

pancit is a must for all occasions and gatherings. i always prefer pancit bihon (thinner noodles) from pancit canton.

and yes, jollibee. i eat there at least once a week. haha!

don't forget philippine mangoes! a must try if you'll come visit the country!

Pancit canton. lumpia. adobo. It's all good.

Mangoes? The best in Asia.

Where in the Philippines are you???

I'm in Cebu.

i'm from rizal province. i attend church there but i might move to manila stake this semester. :)

you'll be having a temple there in cebu soon! i've never been to cebu but i hope i can come visit the temple there after its construction. :)