How easy is it ????

HizWife625

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HizWife,

Thank you for your great questions.

We send you to readings, because that is how we learned! By reading! We want to give you the same privilege and joy we had. :lol:

A resource you can use to hear people's personal words is right here on the lds.net website, in our testimonies section. Each of these stories is people's own, personal, true experiences, and I think you will enjoy them.

Testimonies » LDS Mormon Network

I think if you wish to begin a journey where you meet God, I personally think that the beginning is to start to pray. Pray to your Father in heaven in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and tell him these questions. Pray every day. That is the beginning.

Then the second thing is to begin to read and study and think about the scriptures -- the Bible and the Book of Mormon especially.

If you are doing those two things, then let us know, and we can give you some further steps if you like.

I personally am upheld and preserved by my Savior every day. He knows me, helps me, loves me -- he never forsakes me. I am very grateful for that.

Happy seeking!

How easy is it? It isn't, but it is worth it. When and How? By the way you approach Him, through prayer, study, and allowing him through the scriptures to touch your heart. The when part is a little tougher, for we don't know when he is coming, nor do we know when we will go behind the veil, but I can tell you when I have been in the temple, I have felt his presence in that room with me as has my wife. The feelings you have when you read, ponder, and testify of his divinity, are the times when you know he is living and touching your heart. What does it take to know Him? For me it has been to open my mind, the center of my mind, to his teachings, his promises, my needs as a mortal, my desires for eternity and to learn of Him. By desiring to please Him, as a child wants to please their father, and placing absolute trust in His word I believe I do know Him, and He knows me. Does this sound silly from a 65 year old man that 10 years ago didn't know Him? I hope you know what I say, is for me, true.

Hemi:

You lost me as to what cannot be adhered to.............. Salvation by grace can be adhered to. it was adhered to when Jesus hung on that old rugged cross, right ?

Grace as defined by Websters means mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace, the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.

If grace is freely given, how much works does it take to earn something that was freely given?

According to Eph 2:8-9 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast......

and

Since the bible is the true, innerrant word of Jesus Christ, then how can we work hard enough to gain entrance into His kingdom ?

Deuteronomy 6:4 Or The Lord is our God, the Lord alone (that is, the only one)

Isaiah 43:10

10 “ You are My witnesses,” says the LORD,

“ And My servant whom I have chosen,

That you may know and believe Me,

And understand that I am He.

Before Me there was no God formed,

Nor shall there be after Me

God is Triune and He exists eternally as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). No one can achieve the status of God, only He is holy (1 Samuel 2:2). We can only be made holy in God's sight through faith in Him (1 Corinthians 1:2). Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16) and is the only one ever to have lived a sinless, blameless life, who now has the highest place of honor in Heaven (Hebrews 7:26). Jesus and God are one in essence, Jesus being the only One existing before physical birth (John 1:1-8, 8:56). Jesus gave Himself to us as a sacrifice, and God raised Him from the dead, and one day everyone will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Philippians 2:6-11). Jesus tells us it is impossible to get to Heaven by our own works, only with faith in Him is it possible (Matthew 19:26). And many will not choose Him. “You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose the easy way” (Matthew 7:13). We all deserve eternal punishment for our sins, but God's infinite love and grace has allowed us a way out. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).

-

What works must I do to become a LDS follower ?

Thanks for the websites and reading materials....... :lol:

Hizwife: let me clarify something first, have you personally seen the Savior, face-to-face? The answer is no. Why do I know that? It is a written revelation [see D&C], that no one will see the Savior without first receiving the ordinance of baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and your temple ordinances. For Joseph, there was no gospel, no true church, and no temple. After his vision, the Lord made it clear. Now, you can hear the voice of the Savior prior to baptism but not of the FATHER at this point prior to above mentioned.

Next, no one will see the Savior face without the Holy Spirit making it happen. When a person receives the Holy Spirit as a First Comforter, through endless trials of faith and being strictly obedience to HIS will, knowing that individual will not turn from what is given, it is up to the Lord's choosing of His flock, who shall become members of the Church of the First Born in this mortality and not by our decision. Again, the Savior chooses us. Sounds strange? Not yet. It is the Holy Spirit, who will bring us to both the FATHER and the Savior, face-to-face, in preparation of having that vision as Joseph received.

If I am wrong, then prove it otherwise. I for one know of this and can testify of it.

Adhering to the basic principles of Gospel is what I am referring too. If you cannot meet the simple things of life, the greater will not be applicable in your life.

What works must I do to become a LDS follower ?

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 25:34-40

“For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat:

I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:

I was a stranger and, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me:

I was sick, and ye visited me:

I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer Him saying,

Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee?

Or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger and took thee in?

Or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them,

Verily I say unto you, In as much as ye have done it unto one

of the least of these my brethren,

ye have done it unto me.”

Then Hemi

The God you serve is not the God I serve.... I believe in the Holy Triune and there is but only one way to Jesus....Through and by His saving grace at the Cross.... When He died, He did at his own free will. He love us so much that He gave his life as a ransome for our sins. Once we ask for His saving grace, we are His eternally and no one will ever pluck me from His hand....Should I fail on this earth, He remains faithful and our relationship remains. There is not enough I, nor you, could ever do to earn our way to Him.

God did not have any phsyical relations to anyone on this earth. He was. Our finite minds cannot comprehend that. He sent His son.

There is only One true God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:10, 44:6-8), that He always has and always will exist (Deuteronomy 33:27, Psalm 90:2, 1 Timothy 1:17), and that He was not created, but is the Creator (Genesis chapter1, Psalm 24:1, Isaiah 37:16). He is perfect and no one else is equal to Him (Psalm 86:8, Isaiah 40:25). God the Father is not a man, nor was He ever (Numbers 23:19, 1 Samuel 15:29, Hosea 11:9). He is Spirit (John 4:24), and Spirit is not made of flesh and bone (Luke 24:39).

The Bible tells us that after death, we go to Heaven or Hell based on whether we had faith in Jesus or not. To be absent from our bodies as believers means we are with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8). Unbelievers are sent to Hell, or the place of the dead (Luke 16:22-23). When Jesus comes for the second time, we will receive new bodies (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). There will be a New Heaven and New Earth for believers (Revelation 21:1), and unbelievers will be thrown into an everlasting lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). There is no second chance for redemption after death (Hebrews 9:27).

Clearly there is only one way to receive salvation; to know God and His Son, Jesus (John 17:3). It is not done by works, but by faith (Romans 1:17, 3:28). When we have this faith, we will automatically be obedient to God's laws and become baptized out of love for Him, but not because it is a requirement for salvation. We can receive this gift no matter who we are or what we have done (Romans 3:22). “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).

Read the bible if you chose.....I love it. The bible alone is the true and inerrant word of God. There is only one way to him and that is through the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Define the word grace and apply that definition to Jesus being crucified.......

We deserve justice, but Jesus extended grace .... Grace is something freely give.

For by grace are you saved, not by works........Eph 2:8-9

Eternal life with Jesus Christ..... John 3:16

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23)

“You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose the easy way” (Matthew 7:13).

This is the definition of grace from our bible dictionary

A word that occurs frequently in the New Testament, especially in the writings of Paul. The main idea of the word is divine means of help or strength, given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ.

It is through the grace of the Lord Jesus, made possible by his atoning sacrifice, that mankind will be raised in immortality, every person receiving his body from the grave in a condition of everlasting life. It is likewise through the grace of the Lord that individuals, through faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance of their sins, receive strength and assistance to do good works that they otherwise would not be able to maintain if left to their own means. This grace is an enabling power that allows men and women to lay hold on eternal life and exaltation after they have expended their own best efforts.

Divine grace is needed by every soul in consequence of the fall of Adam and also because of man’s weaknesses and shortcomings. However, grace cannot suffice without total effort on the part of the recipient. Hence the explanation, “It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Ne. 25: 23). It is truly the grace of Jesus Christ that makes salvation possible. This principle is expressed in Jesus’ parable of the vine and the branches (John 15: 1-11). See also John 1: 12-17; Eph. 2: 8-9; Philip. 4: 13; D&C 93: 11-14.

As to what happend onthe cross. We belive that it was a part of the Atonement that Christ made for each one of us. His gift to all mankind. He broke the bands of death and hell and made a way for us to return to our Father in Heaven.

1 aThen shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten bvirgins, which took their clamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all aslumbered and bslept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the abridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their alamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps aare gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were aready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was bshut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I aknow you not.

Notice that without oil in their lamps the foolish virgins didn't make it to the feast and were shut out. It took effort on the part of the wise virgins to put oil in their lamps. They both had the same opporotunity to go to the feast (both had grace given freely) but one set put forth effort and the other didn't. Thus as Nephi was commanded to write "It is by grace we are saved after all we can do" 2 Nephi 25:23

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Then Hemi

The God you serve is not the God I serve.... I believe in the Holy Triune and there is but only one way to Jesus....Through and by His saving grace at the Cross.... When He died, He did at his own free will. He love us so much that He gave his life as a ransome for our sins. Once we ask for His saving grace, we are His eternally and no one will ever pluck me from His hand....Should I fail on this earth, He remains faithful and our relationship remains. There is not enough I, nor you, could ever do to earn our way to Him.

God did not have any phsyical relations to anyone on this earth. He was. Our finite minds cannot comprehend that. He sent His son.

There is only One true God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:10, 44:6-8), that He always has and always will exist (Deuteronomy 33:27, Psalm 90:2, 1 Timothy 1:17), and that He was not created, but is the Creator (Genesis chapter1, Psalm 24:1, Isaiah 37:16). He is perfect and no one else is equal to Him (Psalm 86:8, Isaiah 40:25). God the Father is not a man, nor was He ever (Numbers 23:19, 1 Samuel 15:29, Hosea 11:9). He is Spirit (John 4:24), and Spirit is not made of flesh and bone (Luke 24:39).

The Bible tells us that after death, we go to Heaven or Hell based on whether we had faith in Jesus or not. To be absent from our bodies as believers means we are with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8). Unbelievers are sent to Hell, or the place of the dead (Luke 16:22-23). When Jesus comes for the second time, we will receive new bodies (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). There will be a New Heaven and New Earth for believers (Revelation 21:1), and unbelievers will be thrown into an everlasting lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). There is no second chance for redemption after death (Hebrews 9:27).

Clearly there is only one way to receive salvation; to know God and His Son, Jesus (John 17:3). It is not done by works, but by faith (Romans 1:17, 3:28). When we have this faith, we will automatically be obedient to God's laws and become baptized out of love for Him, but not because it is a requirement for salvation. We can receive this gift no matter who we are or what we have done (Romans 3:22). “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).

Read the bible if you chose.....I love it. The bible alone is the true and inerrant word of God. There is only one way to him and that is through the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

[Don't allow my bluntness bring any infraction between us. I ask you why would you want to see the Savior face-to-face. This is a good desire but costly if one rejected afterwards.]

My dear sister, don't judge me wrongfully. If you were in my present, in our conversation, the Holy Spirit would confirm what I had said is true. Your soul will gain a testimony from what knowledge that is being presented to you. I can guarantee that one.

Now, as to me serving another god different what our fathers received, not likely. As to Paul conversion, I am a witness of the same.

Again, what is your true intent of seeing such? Late edit: how many times have you the Bible? Old testament?

Agreed! Both the OT and NT are great source of inspiration to our daily lives.

No. Today, does a woman who is receives a fertile implant require a sexual contact from another person? Did the scripture point out after her miracle conception, she was still a virgin? If one would have physical contact, then the scriptures lied and so did the Spirit of revealing such. However, that is not the case.

The beautiful thing of His saving grace, is that I do not fear being rejected by Him. He cannot reject His own...I am his and he is mine for all eternity. That was His promised when I asked for Him to be the Lord of my life.

When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure.

Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact.

Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified."

That verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

Remember Paul askingtwo crucial questions in Romans 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns. We have both the advocate and judge as our Savior.

Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (John 3:3; Titus 3:5).

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again ( JOhn 3:3)

5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit ( TiTus 3:5 )

For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away. (d) The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (John 14:17; Romans 8:9) and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

John 3:15 states that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all.

Hence if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error. (f) For the most conclusive argument,

I really think Scripture says it best itself, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

Hemi - Can do you have faith in the scripture above ?

Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you. Once we are saved we are always saved. Our salvation is most definitely eternally secure

God said so Himself when He gave His son to die.

The Innocent for the guilty.

10,000 blessings to you..... :lol:

Hizwife, when ever you used the term 'I know', for a Latter_Day Saint, it means personal knowledge [already receive that witness face-to-face] of the Godhood. I do know as a convert, that many of thelogicial beliefs use the term out of content and really don't understand on what it really means to see GOD in this mortality.

...but you are avoiding my question.

But, you will never receive the Godhood. There was, is and will only be ONE.

Why am I here.... To learn more of the LDS and compare those beliefs and teaches to the scriptures inspired by Jesus.

Why am I here......To hopefully expose you to the truth that Jesus is the only way to the only Kingdom.... That you are His forever once you accept Him. To remind that there is not enough we can do on this earth to earn our way into Heaven ... That once you accepted Jesus Christ that you will see Him face and you will not be rejected.