How easy is it ????

HizWife625

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it difficult to believe that works play NO part in it. I do not believe that works is the end-all be-all to gaining Salvation, but if "faith without works is dead", can it be said I have faith in Christ if my works do not match His teachings?

I believe that it is striving to emulate His works, and *repenting* when we fail (and why would I go to Christ for repentance if I didn't have faith in Him?) that marks a true believer. If your faith in Christ is only carried in your heart, and not by your hands and feet and tongue working for the glorification of God, then what benefit is it to God that you believe in Him?

I agree..faith without works IS dead. james and paul did not disagree..

When and how do I get to see Jesus face to face?

How do I get to heaven?

What does it take to know Jesus Christ and have Him as my Lord ? :lol:

1. Probably when you're dead. :)

2. Through the Atonement.

3. He's your Lord whether you like it or not. ;) To know Him - pray, study the scriptures, follow his example, serve others, etc.

1. Probably when you're dead. :)

2. Through the Atonement.

3. He's your Lord whether you like it or not. ;) To know Him - pray, study the scriptures, follow his example, serve others, etc.

Well don't I feel dumb now. This should have been my answer from the beginning. My seminary teacher would be rolling in her grave right now if she were dead. :lol:

V

Jesus was telling the woman to believe in who He is and beleive that He is his Father.....

Was this a typo because it makes no sense to me......He is his Father? As far as I know nobody can be their own father and I don't see anywhere in the Bible where Jesus teaches that. He prays to His Father in heaven numerous times, His Father in Heaven said, "This is my Beloved Son in who I am well pleased" to Him and the people present after He was baptized, He asked His Father while on the cross "Why has thou forsaken me?" Absolutely strange concept to me....So, as far as you're concerned Christ prayed to Himself, Talked to Himself (threw His voice), and forsaked Himself...Oh and while in the garden He was struggling with His duel personality when he said to Himself, "Thy will be done, not mine."

Ridiculous creedal concept of our beloved Lord....Sometimes I really think...YES, we LDS do worship a different Christ than traditional creedal Christians!

Jesus was not some "send me to the earth prophet and let me see if I can get back to god or become a god..... Nor is anyone on this earth a spirt-child sent by god to do good works on this earth to hopefully earn a god0like status in the afterlife. Nor do women have to rely on a false hope of entering into a kingdom by way of a man ( and yes, this is a belief of the LDS as given straight from the mouth of a former LDS of five generations)

Jesus WAS, IS and IS to come..... He is God, HE is man and He is the Holy Spirit...... If you do not believe this, then yes you are condemned to hell........

Well, I knew that was coming sooner or later....yep us "Mormons" are a gonna burn in hell!

You don't want to learn a thing about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You're just like the rest of the anti-Mormons who come here under the lie of wanting to understand. remember...thou shalt NOT lie!

okay jena,, i knew I would find his article someday...Our God-Breathed Bible* --* John MacArthur It hard to argure with someone like John macarthur..but since I would be here all day explaining these scriputures..read this article slowly..really digesting it and its content.

Good article....however it fails to show any scripture at all that says God will stop guiding his children by revelation through a living prophet and the Bible is the end all be all of Gods word.....nothing, no scripture whatsoever. the idea of a "God breathed" Bible is a man made creedal idea...end of story!

That is not correct. The only unpardonable sin is the one who is a witness of the Godhead and denies it afterward and fight against it.

Denying Christ is the only unpardonable sin......

No...blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the only unpardonable sin...which is basically one who is a witness of the Godhead and then denies it and fights against it. If Joseph Smith had denied that he has seen God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and then fought against what he knew to be true then he would have committed blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. This is the same reason the few witnesses to the Book of Mormon never denied what they witnessed despite leaving the church...they knew and could not deny it!

....Sometimes I really think...YES, we LDS do worship a different Christ than traditional creedal Christians!

That's because you do sir. Just a Mr. Hinkley said, you do worship a different Jesus. I'm only agreeing with what you and he said.

No...blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the only unpardonable sin...which is basically one who is a witness of the Godhead and then denies it and fights against it. If Joseph Smith had denied that he has seen God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and then fought against what he knew to be true then he would have committed blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. This is the same reason the few witnesses to the Book of Mormon never denied what they witnessed despite leaving the church...they knew and could not deny it!

According to D&C, a man who has been sealed in the temple, into the new and everlasting covenant of the priesthood, can not be forgiven for shedding the blood of an innocent.

So, it's not for all members, but for those who've been to the temple and made those higher covenants.

Well, I knew that was coming sooner or later....yep us "Mormons" are a gonna burn in hell!

You don't want to learn a thing about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You're just like the rest of the anti-Mormons who come here under the lie of wanting to understand. remember...thou shalt NOT lie!

I'll bring the marshmallows! I want smores in Hell.

Thank you for the advice. I've been following the thread from pretty much it's inception. However, it wasn't reading from page one that led me to my conclusion, but rather how the tone and intention of your posts here have not enlightened my mind nor fed my spirit. This tells me something is awry.

Kind Regards,

Finrock

Even for me. I knew it was time to end it also, noting the spirit left the 'room'. It brings tears to my eyes on the fate others who decide to take action upon themselves and then in the end, will have to face that judgment. My only wishes that the Savior will only forgive her for this action she has taken; as I did on bent knees for the same.

Finnrock, thanks...I needed to get off my 'soapbox' and focus on the two I am concern for. :D

According to D&C, a man who has been sealed in the temple, into the new and everlasting covenant of the priesthood, can not be forgiven for shedding the blood of an innocent

WOW weeee................. Grace and the death of Jesus Christ is not sufficient to cover this sin according to your D&C.............Wow......Now that sure is under estimating the power of the Cross................. That saddens the heart of the Lord...........

Jesus loves the sinner, but hates the sin....He ministered to more sinners than He did believers...........

Food for thought.... Your own D&C has contradicted the Bible. ....... Sad

The term here is called 'PERDITION.' Cain and Lucifier are both of this character and had fallen into this state. A member who had the word and thus, murdered another in cold blood, the atonement cannot redeemed that person, neither those who 'know' the Christ and thus denied it afterwards.

Like I said Hemi.............. You defy the meaning of His grace being sufficient and if you are taught that you are taught in complete error..... Christ died for all sins. Those who deny Him and those who reject Him after being exposed, will die and go to Hell.....

You deny Christ, His love and HIs saving grace........ You are taught and teach falsely against grace.

Many people make the mistake of believing that God forgives “little” sins such as lying, anger, and impure thoughts, but does not forgive “big” sins such as murder and adultery. This is not true. There is no sin too big that God cannot forgive it. When Jesus died on the cross, He died to pay the penalty for all of the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2). When a person places his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, all of his sins are forgiven. That includes past, present, and future, big or small. Jesus died to pay the penalty for all of our sins, and once they are forgiven, they are all forgiven (Colossians 1:14; Acts 10:43).

We are all guilty of sin (Romans 3:23) and deserve eternal punishment (Romans 6:23). Jesus died for us, to pay our penalty (Romans 5:8). Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ for salvation is forgiven, no matter what sins he has committed (Romans 6:23; John 3:16). Now, a murderer or adulterer will likely still face serious consequences (legal, relational, etc.) for his evil actions – more so than someone who was “just” a liar. But a murderer’s or adulterer’s sins are completely and permanently forgiven the moment he believes and places his faith in Christ.

It is not the size of the sin that is the determining factor here; it is the size of the atoning sacrifice of Christ. If the shed blood of the sinless Lamb of God is sufficient to cover all the sins of all the millions of people who would ever believe in Him, then there can be no limit to the size or types of sins covered. When He said, “It is finished,” sin was made an end of, full atonement and satisfaction for it were given, complete pardon was obtained, peace was made, and redemption from all sin was achieved. It was sure and certain and complete; nothing needs to be, or could be, added to it. Further, it was done entirely without the help of man, and cannot be undone.

And what is also sad, is Hemi is a great example of the LDS church........ He does not teach or preach or trust in grace.............. He teaches, as does the D&C, that power of His death and grace are not sufficient to cover even a murderer................. That is ant-biblical and the teachings of man.....

Edit by VisionOfLehi:

You're confusing the general populace with those who've made higher covenants with the Lord.

You're also mistaken on the forgiveness part.

" Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:"

LDS people who enter into the covenant that has been spoken of know that shedding innocent blood is blaspheming against the Holy Ghost. It's all part of the same, Biblically-accurate, unforgivable sin.

Like I said Hemi.............. You defy the meaning of His grace being sufficient and if you are taught that you are taught in complete error..... Christ died for all sins. Those who deny Him and those who reject Him after being exposed, will die and go to Hell.....

You deny Christ, His love and HIs saving grace........ You are taught and teach falsely against grace.

Many people make the mistake of believing that God forgives “little” sins such as lying, anger, and impure thoughts, but does not forgive “big” sins such as murder and adultery. This is not true. There is no sin too big that God cannot forgive it. When Jesus died on the cross, He died to pay the penalty for all of the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2). When a person places his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, all of his sins are forgiven. That includes past, present, and future, big or small. Jesus died to pay the penalty for all of our sins, and once they are forgiven, they are all forgiven (Colossians 1:14; Acts 10:43).

We are all guilty of sin (Romans 3:23) and deserve eternal punishment (Romans 6:23). Jesus died for us, to pay our penalty (Romans 5:8). Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ for salvation is forgiven, no matter what sins he has committed (Romans 6:23; John 3:16). Now, a murderer or adulterer will likely still face serious consequences (legal, relational, etc.) for his evil actions – more so than someone who was “just” a liar. But a murderer’s or adulterer’s sins are completely and permanently forgiven the moment he believes and places his faith in Christ.

It is not the size of the sin that is the determining factor here; it is the size of the atoning sacrifice of Christ. If the shed blood of the sinless Lamb of God is sufficient to cover all the sins of all the millions of people who would ever believe in Him, then there can be no limit to the size or types of sins covered. When He said, “It is finished,” sin was made an end of, full atonement and satisfaction for it were given, complete pardon was obtained, peace was made, and redemption from all sin was achieved. It was sure and certain and complete; nothing needs to be, or could be, added to it. Further, it was done entirely without the help of man, and cannot be undone.

And what is also sad, is Hemi is a great example of the LDS church........ He does not teach or preach or trust in grace.............. He teaches, as does the D&C, that power of His death and grace are not sufficient to cover even a murderer................. That is ant-biblical and the teachings of man.....

I see you've finally dropped your pretense of being here to understand.

Site Rules

1. Do not post, upload, or otherwise submit anything to the site that is contrary to the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Do not post anything that is derogatory towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachers, or its leaders. Anti-LDS Propaganda will not be tolerated anywhere.

Thread closed.