Is it Possibly to Love Everyone

I try to, I really do.

I'm trying to be like Jesus, and obey the great commandment to love others, even as He has loved them.

But is it possible? Someone I talked to online didn't think it was so.

But I do. Because we're all human, we're all brothers and sisters, even if we don't all know it. We have all come to this Earth, and many of us stray, but I feel a deep sadness for those who go far off the path of what seems to even be humanity.

Anger, yes, and I have a sense of justice... But I feel that loss.

There's rapists, murders, women and child abusers. Their acts are despicable, and bring up anger in me above any other... But, their human. They'll get their punishments, in this life or the next.

Is it possible to love everyone?

Or do I just have compassion for them?

Can only Christ love all?

Yes it is possible....only it is not Erotic love nor Romantic Love the that gospel is alluding to here. The Greeks refer to different types of love that the English language has.

Unconditional Love.....

As best as I can describe it briefly. It is more like a deep understanding That goes into acceptance, compassion and mercy and forgiveness for all things that anyone does. And this is Called "unconditional love"

This love enables one to understand, love and forgive their enemies even when he is being persecuted unto death.

Peace be unto you

bert10

Just because you love them, doesn't mean that you have to like them. There is a difference.

I believe it's very possible. Christ sees us as we can be. He sees us as we were before this life and knows us very well. We have the veil over our eyes that keeps us from recognizing each other as our loving brothers and sisters in the premortal existence. When we can look at each other from this eternal perspective, we'd be infinitely more patient, understanding, longsuffering and charitable towards each other. We'd love each other as Christ loves us; to strip ourselves of pride and prejudice and not judge each other as Christ did not judge mankind when He walked the earth. This is my perspective.

It's difficult, especially when people behave in a decidedly unlovable way towards us. I struggle with it too. If someone hurts my family I find it very difficult to love that person. I can manage to forgive and not to harbour resentment or desire for revenge or 'justice' but it's really hard to get to the point of actually loving those who hate you and those who do not want to be forgiven.

He doeth well who doeth good

To those of his own brotherhood.

He doeth better who doth bless

A stranger in his wretchedness.

But best, oh best of all doth he

Who helps a fallen enemy.

Guest tomk

Jesus loves those rapists, child molesters and murderers.

As hard as it seems, we must love them too.

We're not the Savior. Most of us will never learn to love as He did in our lifetimes.

However, we are to try. We are to seek it. We are to desire it, if we want to be with Him.

The ability to love like that is given as a gift, over the course of an entire lifetime. For most of us it is a process.

From my experiences so far -- I believe it is possible!!

Tom

I try to, I really do.

I'm trying to be like Jesus, and obey the great commandment to love others, even as He has loved them.

But is it possible? Someone I talked to online didn't think it was so.

But I do. Because we're all human, we're all brothers and sisters, even if we don't all know it. We have all come to this Earth, and many of us stray, but I feel a deep sadness for those who go far off the path of what seems to even be humanity.

Anger, yes, and I have a sense of justice... But I feel that loss.

There's rapists, murders, women and child abusers. Their acts are despicable, and bring up anger in me above any other... But, their human. They'll get their punishments, in this life or the next.

Is it possible to love everyone?

Or do I just have compassion for them?

Can only Christ love all?

Why do you feel this is important?

There's rapists, murders, women and child abusers.

I've figured out how to love someone who raped a loved one. Love does not mean you hang with them, or like them, or even allow them in close proximity to you. You can love someone and still testify against them in court.

I've never been able to love such people before forgiving them - that has always needed to be the starting place for me.

LM

Sometimes I think instaed of using the word....the greatest of these is love, it needs to be changed to the hardest of these is love..... Well, it does feel that way sometimes.....

Jesus hated the sin, but loved the sinner..... Anyone know why?

TomK.....What if a murderer came to your door seeking to know Christ...... What would you do? What would your heart do? Not your mind, but your heart?

My guess, is you would extend grace, but hold him accountable to his wrong doings, teaching him the ways of the Lord ............ right?

You would love.

We had a misisonary that taught lessons to a convicted murder. However, in the lessons time span, he made claimed [repentance perhaps] he took more than 20 lives [gang member]. The problem with this situation, the missionaries could teach the lesson but could not baptize him.

Tom, do you dream?

Guest tomk

Sometimes I think instaed of using the word....the greatest of these is love, it needs to be changed to the hardest of these is love..... Well, it does feel that way sometimes.....

Jesus hated the sin, but loved the sinner..... Anyone know why?

TomK.....What if a murderer came to your door seeking to know Christ...... What would you do? What would your heart do? Not your mind, but your heart?

My guess, is you would extend grace, but hold him accountable to his wrong doings, teaching him the ways of the Lord ............ right?

You would love.

Jesus loves the sinner, because His relationship is not a new relationship with that person. That person is His brother (or sister, as the case may be). They are not some evil monster. They are a child of Heavenly Father and they are precious. Yes, they must suffer the consequences of their actions. But nobody is beyond the power of the Atonement, save the Sons of Perdition (which is it's own topic).

I don't know what I would do, to be honest. I am not yet at the point in my progression that I would be completely successful in seeing past the deeds and love the person inside. I would have to pray and beg for the ability to love that person and meet their needs. This takes all we have to give to love like this. It takes a power beyond our normal capacity!

I can't really know until I am in the situation. The ideal is that I would respond with love. Charity is impossible without grace, without personal revelation concerning the other person's heart and needs.

VisionOfLehi

and tomK

thanks for being honest....... The sweet thing here is your desire to love....Precious. That is what you strive for......

I can agree that I really don't know how I'd react too...... It's hard to really know....That is our flesh...

I would strongly disgree with Hemi on the fact that person could not be baptized.... If that person confesses his sins to the Lord Jesus Christ and Christ promised to forgive those sins, who are we to pass any judgement upon anyone..... By accepted Christ, that person is cleansed....He is baptized by the Holy Spirit.....

......I would encourage you both to renew your mind daily on all scrpture that speak of love.....Ask Jesus to prepare your heart at all times to imitate His love to anyone who walks in your path..... Remember, you are not perfect, but your goal/desire to to love as He loves...... I really cannot even imagine loving as He loves......WOW......Isn't He beautiful.....

Imagine being Adam and Eve..... The very first ones to disappoint Jesus..... Wow, how guilty they must have felt...... But after they took of the fruit, what did God do? He pursued them in the garden.....He called out their names.....He loved them so much even after they fell............... Ask God to give you that kind of heart.......

Your spirit in you is sweet and blessings to you for wanting to love ........

tomK

magine being Adam and Eve..... The very first ones to disappoint Jesus..... Wow, how guilty they must have felt...... But after they took of the fruit, what did God do? He pursued them in the garden.....He called out their names.....He loved them so much even after they fell............... Ask God to give you that kind of heart.......

Your spirit in you is sweet and blessings to you for wanting to love ........

It was not Christ who was disappointed but GOD when speaking to Adam. Eve found joy afterward knowing what shall become of them both. :D;)

tomk:

Keep striving to be like Christ and extending the heart of love and mercy..... That is what it is all about .......

Now, when I see the murderer, hold me accountable to my words to you and help me to remember to have the heart of love........ It is hard sometimes, but Jesus Christ provides......

Stay in Him !!

Well Hemi

The murderer spends all eternity with Christ..... Just as the thief did............... Sweet !!!! He is not judged on being worse sinner thatn you....Sin is sin.....Repentance is repentance....Salvation is secure and he will see Jesus face to face......

You are no better than him, nor am I any better than you......we are all equal....we are sinners.

Jesus and God are the same, they are one.......So yes, Jesus was disappointed. For Jesus Hinself said " I and my Father are one"........

Again, you need to think it out carefully before replying. Stephen prior to his stoning saw God the Father and Jesus Christ [side-by-side]. Now, how could they be the same person?

How do you think the murder going to repent? Do you think the person will first have the burning of desire to plead for forgiveness like King David? Do you not think the person will first ask for forgiveness from them who lives the peson innocently taken prior before the person is resurrected and face the Godhead? LDS Church, the person wil not be batpized until the person receives permission from the First Presidency. Multi-murders as in the case I spoke of, not going to happen. The person work will have to be done vicarously in the Temple and will have to face the bar of juddgment after the Second Resurrection to determine the fate. Most likely will inherit the Telestial glory.

I won't bother with the garden since knowledge is limited to the Temple on what transpired.

Here is an excellent Ensign article about the Amish community that showed an outpouring of love to the family of a guy who shot up their school and killed 5 little girls.

The Healing Power of Forgiveness

I'm thinking that love isn't the hardest thing to accomplish - forgiveness is. Once you can reach the everest of forgiveness, love will often flow naturally on the way back down.

LM

That is my comment - hmm...:confused:

Now let us use all the verses here vice something that is 'minced':

ACTS 7:55 thru 60

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul.

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Hmm...and you was saying again? I see two personage here unless you like to minced the versus. :D

GOD [Father] or God [son]...this is my purpose of capping the word GOD, to denote the FATHER and not the Son.

LORD God [Father] or Lord [son]

Here is an excellent Ensign article about the Amish community that showed an outpouring of love to the family of a guy who shot up their school and killed 5 little girls.

The Healing Power of Forgiveness

I'm thinking that love isn't the hardest thing to accomplish - forgiveness is. Once you can reach the everest of forgiveness, love will often flow naturally on the way back down.

LM

Amazing how the Amish people in a way have achieve one of the keys of sanctification that others in the church cannot. Amazing people that hold the true love of GOD and the Savior.