Is it Possibly to Love Everyone

Guest tomk

Tom do you dream?

Sometimes I dream. Why do you ask? :)

I would like to put myself in a place, spiritually, where the Lord can use my dreams to teach me. I am very poor about inviting Him, though. Something I need desperately to work on. :)

23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.

I believe this verse is for me.

Okay: It's true that if you're serving a legal punishment, such as probation or jail time, that you can not be baptized. You must first finish out your mortal punishment. For murderers, if that means they have to have to die first... Well, I'm not sure if they could be baptized when they're dead, but I'd assume so.

But, back to my topic.

Hemi, you asked why is it important to me.

This is why:

28 ¶ And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

It is by far the most important aspect of the Gospel. Love.

Think of all the other commandment and ordinances. Of what importance are they without love?

How can I become exalted if I don't love all?

How can I forgive someone if I don't love them? How can I love them if I don't forgive them?

How can I stand spotless before the Lord on the day of Judgment and say to the Lord that I did not forgive my brother, and I did not love as He had commanded?

He has told us!

9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.

10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.

I think this should be an important question for everyone. Because how can we dwell in the presence of God if we do not love all? To have anything less than that would be unclean, for it is breaking the highest commandments!

Do you not know that the 2nd greatest commandment, to love they neighbor, is double emphasized?

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

In order to even keep the 1st commandment we have to keep the 2nd!

So when someone accused me of not being able to love everyone... It affected me.

I do not keep the commandment perfectly all the time... But when I am angry at someone I ask in my prayers for the Lord to take away mine anger, and let me forgive, and to forgive me for being angry with my brother (or sister).

The progress I am making in my life is all because I'm trying to be like Jesus in his aspect of Love for all. I know that as I try hard to do this that the other commandments will fall into place for me.

I would like to put myself in a place, spiritually, where the Lord can use my dreams to teach me. I am very poor about inviting Him, though. Something I need desperately to work on. :)

23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.

Make preparation....:D

Guest tomk

One key among many that is needed - pure love of Christ. No, I didn't say they are part of the LDS Church but some in our church need to learn this.

Concur.

Their example of forgiveness is what is being showcased.

The ability of the Amish to forgive was godly.

Okay: It's true that if you're serving a legal punishment, such as probation or jail time, that you can not be baptized. You must first finish out your mortal punishment. For murderers, if that means they have to have to die first... Well, I'm not sure if they could be baptized when they're dead, but I'd assume so.

But, back to my topic.

Hemi, you asked why is it important to me.

This is why:

It is by far the most important aspect of the Gospel. Love.

Think of all the other commandment and ordinances. Of what importance are they without love?

How can I become exalted if I don't love all?

How can I forgive someone if I don't love them? How can I love them if I don't forgive them?

How can I stand spotless before the Lord on the day of Judgment and say to the Lord that I did not forgive my brother, and I did not love as He had commanded?

He has told us!

I think this should be an important question for everyone. Because how can we dwell in the presence of God if we do not love all? To have anything less than that would be unclean, for it is breaking the highest commandments!

Do you not know that the 2nd greatest commandment, to love they neighbor, is double emphasized?

In order to even keep the 1st commandment we have to keep the 2nd!

So when someone accused me of not being able to love everyone... It affected me.

I do not keep the commandment perfectly all the time... But when I am angry at someone I ask in my prayers for the Lord to take away mine anger, and let me forgive, and to forgive me for being angry with my brother (or sister).

The progress I am making in my life is all because I'm trying to be like Jesus in his aspect of Love for all. I know that as I try hard to do this that the other commandments will fall into place for me.

Right answer. One key for Sanctification...glad to see this.:D

I have to see this while the Spirit is overwhelming at this moment [tears are flowing], your father is amazing man. Around 0130am something happen.

As I stated make preparation...:D

Guest tomk

I have to see this while the Spirit is overwhelming at this moment [tears are flowing], your father is amazing man. Around 0130am something happen.

As I stated make preparation...:D

Wow...

If it is given to me to speak it, I'll let you know what happens.

Guest tomk

You are indeed special brother. [i may have to leave the room to clear my eyes.]

You're invited to PM me if you desire. If He desires it.

Thank you for your words.

Of a truth, God's witness is unspeakable. :)

I don’t think that love and forgiveness is the same thing. You should love everyone but at the same time you can’t let anyone ‘walk all over you’ if someone stole from you, you need to report it to the police and not just keep it hidden so that person won’t go to jail. That person has made a choice and that choice has concrescences that should be punished. That does not mean that you do not love them, it just means that you love other people enough to not let this person use their free agency to take away other peoples free agency.

:bearhug::jedi:

Hemi....... The Amish do not belong to the LDS, who you claim is the one true church.....

Just because people are not LDS does not mean that they cannot have some admirable godlike qualities which many would do well to learn from. Being LDS and belonging to the one true church does not make me or any other church member any better than many other people from other faiths, or indeed of no faith. I know some pagans with more Christlike qualities than some Mormons!:D