"A Prayer in Behalf of Teachers"

susieSA

"May God bless you always in all your righteous endeavors, may He quicken your understanding, increase your wisdom, enlighten you by experience, bestow upon you patience, charity, and, as among your most precious gifts, endow you with the discernment of spirits that you may certainly know the spirit of righteousness and its opposite as they come to you; may He give you entrance to the hearts of those you teach and then make you know that as you enter there you stand in holy places, that must be neither polluted nor defiled, either by false or corrupting doctrine or by sinful misdeed; may He enrich your knowledge with the skill and power to teach righteousness; may your faith and your testimonies incrase, and your ability to encourage and foster them in others grow greater every day - all that... Zion may be taught, built up, encouraged, heartened, that they many not fall by the wayside, but go on to eternal life, that these blessings coming to them, you through them may be blessed also. And I pray all this in the name of Him who dies that we might live, the Son of God, the Redeemer of the world, Jesus Christ, Amen."

(J. Reuben Clark, Jr., The Charted Course of the Church in Education [address delivered at Brigham Young University summer school, 8 Aug. 1938], p.11.)

• 1 month later...

That is absolutely beautiful!! I so needed to read that. I teach Valiant 11 and because I'm such a new member and these kids have been taught so well I find myself constantly praying for guidance and the knowledge to teach these children what they need to know to further their growing testimony. Thanks for sharing that wonderful quote! Candace