Due in 2008

mychildrensmother

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

well congratulations to you too! i dont know about 7 i think this will be my last, unless God decides otherwise of course.

my morning sickness has just arrived so while im struggling to hold down my breakfast i thought i would make this reply.

take care.

deb.

I became a childbirth educator through ALACE's distance learning program. I had to complete the 9 or 10 modules covering different aspects of childbirth. I completed a reading list of about 20 books. I taught several couples with good evaluations and was certified. And now, I attend coferences and classes every year to maintain my certification.

Currently, I teach couples privately in their homes. This is really a wonderful option for couples who live far from the hospital, who want the personal attention of private classes, or moms who are bedridden and can't make it to a class. I have applied to a couple of hospitals in the area to teach and would love to see that come back positively.

Jamie

Hi, I am pregnant. I am 33 weeks now, due July 5th, with my second child. My first child was a boy, who is now 3 yrs old. This second one is supposed to be a girl! Am so excited, cause now I will have one of each and I've always wanted a girl and didn't really want to have any more than two kids. Can't wait to meet her. Only 7 weeks to go! Good luck to all you other expectant ladies.

Guest lauracooke78

Hi yummy mummys!!!

Anyone want to talk about a technique I conjured up myself, called laughing and singing through child birth? I absolutley enjoyed the process, it was great! (had 4 children 1st wan't fun, then I found my groove).

Guest lauracooke78

The funny thing is, when your body is under a lot of stress/pressure like child birth, anything will make you laugh if you try. By our third child birth, my husband had a list of jokes to tell me. My favourite which made me laugh the most was.... "your mother" (We are from Australia where there is no bad conotation to that phrase).... Man did I laugh so hard and it releases so much pressure doesn't it!!!

Is this your first UP and eventual UB, since it's #4?

M.

Yes.

I had diff care with each baby.

I was deemed high risk #3 and was not allowed to birth in the birth centre.

So this time I want to avoid the rules.

So I feel more in control. I feel better about things - healthier, more in control, more able to enjoy this pregnancy and just feel more confident.

Congrats all you Pregos!

I'm due August 21 with our first baby. It's a girl, and we are stoked. We are having our baby at a Birthing Center with a CNM. We are starting our birthing classes soon. We have decided to go with the Bradley Method. My hubby is going to "catch" the baby!! Whoo hoo!!

Yes.

I had diff care with each baby.

I was deemed high risk #3 and was not allowed to birth in the birth centre.

So this time I want to avoid the rules.

So I feel more in control. I feel better about things - healthier, more in control, more able to enjoy this pregnancy and just feel more confident.

I don't understand. You want to avoid the rules? What if you are considered a high-risk pregnancy again?

Elphaba

I just found out about 3 weeks ago that I'm having baby #3! My first was a boy, second was a girl so as far as clothes we're set for either one! They're both springtime babies but this one's gonna be a Christmas baby! I'm gonna check out hypnobirthing as I really want to go natural this time.

I'm pregnant with my 4th. I have three boys and now I'm having a girl! :D

I like to laugh during labor too. I have relaxing music for during the majority of labor and then when it's time to push, I have a pushing CD. The first song is "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen. My doctor thought it was hilarious.

• 4 weeks later...