Looking for a specific book.....

Bethie

I've been enjoying the Church video Home and Family Collection titled "Church History". The three discs have several stories about the history of the church and its leaders and members. Some of the most interesting

stories are those about how future leaders of the church initially found the Book of Mormon. There is a story about Brigham Young and another about Wilford Woodruff.

Since I'll be home recovering from my cancer surgery for a few months and then undergoing radiation therapy, I need to keep my mind occupied with uplifting and inspriational material.

I wonder if anyone could recommend a book that deals with this interesting subject of the Church History videos....how future Church leaders discovered the Book of Mormon. Probably the most recent Church leaders have just always grown up in the Church and always known about the Book of Mormon. But the leaders in the early Church must have come to find the Book in Mormon in many interesting, varied and miraculous ways. Someone must have written a book about this! Can anyone lead me to it? Thank you and God Bless!

I've been enjoying the Church video Home and Family Collection titled "Church History". The three discs have several stories about the history of the church and its leaders and members. Some of the most interesting

stories are those about how future leaders of the church initially found the Book of Mormon. There is a story about Brigham Young and another about Wilford Woodruff.

Since I'll be home recovering from my cancer surgery for a few months and then undergoing radiation therapy, I need to keep my mind occupied with uplifting and inspriational material.

I wonder if anyone could recommend a book that deals with this interesting subject of the Church History videos....how future Church leaders discovered the Book of Mormon. Probably the most recent Church leaders have just always grown up in the Church and always known about the Book of Mormon. But the leaders in the early Church must have come to find the Book in Mormon in many interesting, varied and miraculous ways. Someone must have written a book about this! Can anyone lead me to it? Thank you and God Bless!

Before I forget, God bless in your healing and return back to the fold. Recover quickly my dear sister. :)

Guest tomk

First, let me say, sorry you have been called upon to endure this. I hope you weather it okay and learn the lessons God can teach you during all of this, if you have "eyes to see." :) I say this as lovingly and as kindly as I can muster.

Here are some great books I've read the past few years. Perhaps one or two of them will interest you as well:

The following three books, by an otherwise obscure member of the Church ( I doubt you've heard of him) are quite good, and lend some tremendous insights into the Book of Mormon and receiving the Second Comforter (on both sides of the veil):

Conversing with the Lord through the Veil

Nephi's Isaiah

Eighteen Verses

Other "noteworthy" books I've read during the last few years:

Following the Light of Christ into His Presence

Obtaining Your Calling & Election

The Infinite Atonement

A Scriptural Discussion of LIGHT

A Study Guide to the Facsimiles of Abraham

The Peacegiver

The Atonement of Jesus Christ

The Holy Secret

Several of the early journals and autobiographies are excellent in this. I especially recommend the autobiographies of Parley P. Pratt, Wilford Woodruff and Benjamin Franklin Johnson. Their journals and autobiographies are among the most used by LDS historians.