prophecy alert!

I am glued to foxnews lately. Mostly due to the prophectic implications of today's events and how they correspond with bibical prophecy. If anyone is curious whether the bible can be trusted here is a good place to start..Prophecy.

So let me ask all my lds and non lds friends to share how they see the prophectic events happening in endtimes.

may 14th president bush goes to israel and once again they are saying they think a peace deal will be signed..how about you guys what are your thoughts on this? Are we about to see the signing of the covenant talked about in daniel? will we be raptured before then or not? I have my thoughts but i want to hear from you.

other things to consider here in this thread..

real Id

DNA testing on all babies signed by president bush

Somark tech..cashless society..

increase in wars, earthquakes..

merging of reglions..ie tony blair faith- based movement..

temple rebuilt in Israel..

how do you believe these things tie into the bigger picture as well.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tomk

I, for one, am in favor of a cashless society. :)

I wish I could use a plastic card for everything...I welcome changes like that.

In fact, most of the time I find it to be no problem living this way, har har har. :) My paychecks are "spent" before I even deposit them.

I, for one, am in favor of a cashless society. :)

I wish I could use a plastic card for everything...I welcome changes like that.

In fact, most of the time I find it to be no problem living this way, har har har. :) My paychecks are "spent" before I even deposit them.

are you in favor of getting chipped with a number?

My opinion of FoxNews is that they tend to over exaggerate their stories and issues. I have seen them do many stories before they did thorough investigations of them. Just my opinion.

We are counseled to always be prepared. The "end times" will come and we will face the challanges of them just like the face the challanges of our day. I for one am very thankful for a prophet who I can look to for guidance and counsel. Yes there are going to be horrible things that happen in the last days before the coming of the Savior of the world. There are also going to be great things too. The thing we need to realize is that we need to begin preparing NOW for the second coming of Christ. That way no matter what happens we do not need to fear.

We are counseled to always be prepared. The "end times" will come and we will face the challanges of them just like the face the challanges of our day. I for one am very thankful for a prophet who I can look to for guidance and counsel. Yes there are going to be horrible things that happen in the last days before the coming of the Savior of the world. There are also going to be great things too. The thing we need to realize is that we need to begin preparing NOW for the second coming of Christ. That way no matter what happens we do not need to fear.

What specifics things do you believe about the endtimes? Does you faith teach the prophecies concerning the latter days? Do you believe that israel will rebuild their temple? What about the antichrist that is to come and sit in that temple? Is that taught?

When it comes to the Mark of the Beast (most conspiracies center on this aspect), I am convinced that it will come with fanfare, not secrecy. The mark will be an open defiance of God and Jesus, and a signal of loyalty to the Antichrist. So, I do not worry about barcodes, credit cards, tracking chips, etc. Instead, I rejoice, as I look skyward, knowing my redemption draweth nigh.

okay everyone..i think some are going a little off topic here. I just want to understand what lds teaches about endtime events and prophecies that are to be fulfilled.Does anybody know?

Sorry your question hasn't been taken seriously by some.

We believe the Biblical prophecies regarding the 'end times' - the wars famines earthquakes and all that stuff. It does seem that much of this has already happened or is happening. We also believe the Gospel will be preached to the whole earth - I don't think that has quite happened yet.

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the ten tribes. We believe that the New Jerusalem will be built on the American continent.

Sorry your question hasn't been taken seriously by some.

We believe the Biblical prophecies regarding the 'end times' - the wars famines earthquakes and all that stuff. It does seem that much of this has already happened or is happening. We also believe the Gospel will be preached to the whole earth - I don't think that has quite happened yet.

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the ten tribes. We believe that the New Jerusalem will be built on the American continent.

Yea! a Serious answer...thank you..skip I do indeed go to that website alot actually. If you know of a link where I can look that addresses this specifically point me there. I have not found it on there. Where is it?

okay..but what are the lds views on the 7 year peace treaty with israel?

Guest User-Removed

Yea! a Serious answer...thank you..skip I do indeed go to that website alot actually. If you know of a link where I can look that addresses this specifically point me there. I have not found it on there. Where is it?

okay..but what are the lds views on the 7 year peace treaty with israel?

Will someone post the URL to Jeff Lindsey's website for this young lady...

THX

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

I've been interested in the endtimes for most of my life. From a LDS perspective, a book was just published last year. It's called "His Return - Prophecy, Destiny & Hope. It was written by Richard N. Skousen. There is a picture of the cover on the books section of my profile page. You mentioned in your blog about being raptured. The LDS church does not believe in the kind of rapture that other Christian churches teach. In fact I've asked several life-long LDS members about the rapture. Most has no clue to what I was talking about. We will all have to endure through the entire tribulation.

I could write so much more on each of your topics you asked about. I suggest you read the book I mentioned. It gives you a full explanation of the latter days based on LDS perspectves.

I am glued to foxnews lately. Mostly due to the prophectic implications of today's events and how they correspond with bibical prophecy. If anyone is curious whether the bible can be trusted here is a good place to start..Prophecy.

So let me ask all my lds and non lds friends to share how they see the prophectic events happening in endtimes.

may 14th president bush goes to israel and once again they are saying they think a peace deal will be signed..how about you guys what are your thoughts on this? Are we about to see the signing of the covenant talked about in daniel? will we be raptured before then or not? I have my thoughts but i want to hear from you.

other things to consider here in this thread..

real Id

how do you believe these things tie into the bigger picture as well.

I believe in Biblical prophecies, but I don't always believe the way some people have interpreted them, such as the mark of the beast being a chip that's implanted in everyone. Who decided that's what it means anyway?

I'm not aware of the DNA testing on babies. What's that all about?

The LDS faith in general does not teach anything about the end times except... be prepared and ye shall not fear. As has been taught for ever in the church, have a years supply of food for WHATEVER comes up (food shortages like flour, sugar, etc are happening now, not becuase they don't exist but because it costs too much to ship the stuff and it is not being distributed as readily as it was), Repentance for your sins is important becuase we don't know WHEN the end times will come. Take care of your financial position so no one can take away something that you own and need (though if the times get tough it may happen anyway). Don't procrastinate anything.

That is what the church teaches. There is talks on the prophetic items that are in the scriptures but there is no additional (for the most part) teachings on WHEN or exactly what will happen. Its "just be prepared for anything...and ye shall not fear". The fact is that we don't know Gods timetable for anything. It will happen when it will happen. Period. We know from the scriptures WHAT could happen and why but WHEN...who knows.

Thats my 2 cents

Grant

What Daniel prophecies are you refering to specifically? Many of his prophecies have already been fulfilled.

real Id

>>> nothing new, it is already common in a lot of other countries.

>>>> it's not DNA testing, It's DNA recording of infants upon birth without parents consent? Yes America is turning fascist.

>>>> Cashless society, It is credit and debt thats the worry, the creation of money out of thin air by the fed(a private bank) and loaned to the Government at interest, process repeats over and over, creating an endless cycle of increasing debt. Since the financial system has not been based on things of value (eg Gold, silver) it has been rotten for a long time already.

>>>> we ain't see nothing yet :(

>>>> Watch out for the new age movement/'pop' spiritual belief and also 'fundamentalist Christianity'. The rift being created between Islam and 'the west' is being created by those very news sources (and TPTB) that you quoted and watch. A lot of 'modern Christian' groups now teach others to fear Islam and that they are evil people using these hyped sensationalized news sources as 'gospel', not differentiating between the extremists and the general population.

>>>>........

LDS beliefs differentiate from what a lot of Christian groups believe when it comes to these things. Gordon B. Hinckley paraphrased: 'the Book of Mormon reads like the morning newspaper.'

When the BOM is read (as a historical account) you can see why. it's happenings are mirrored in todays events. There is another thread on here titled 'ether 8'. I may, and others will, suggest you read it (LDS org. Scriptures or better to read the whole book of ether, or just the whole BOM :D) As some LDS views to the causes of the current world/American state of affairs is very different to mainstream views.

read some Writings from Ezra taft Benson as he was probably the most outspoken of them all on this topic.