prophecy alert!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End Times to any good Utah Latter Day Saint...will come...when the Lakers take the Jazz

I think it is described as a time of tearing cloth, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Perhaps followed by a light afternoon drizzle and a resurgence of brine flies.

I believe in Biblical prophecies, but I don't always believe the way some people have interpreted them, such as the mark of the beast being a chip that's implanted in everyone. Who decided that's what it means anyway?

I'm not aware of the DNA testing on babies. What's that all about?

AS FAR AS THE CHIP ETC..you are right who came up with that anyway??? The bible states that the mark will be placed on the hand or forehand and you will not be able to buy or sell without it. That's it..and you will me made to worship the beast.now this is not an actuall beast but actually a image of..???? We don't know.But we know a man who is the antichrist will fulfill this role..

AS far as dna testing..President bush signed a bill that will mandate all babies to have their dna taken and be used in a national database of dna to be used for genectic research.

I still am a little confused though.. Can someone tell me exactly what you believe will happen in the last days??? I have heard bits and pieces. Some have said something about america? Some have said gathering of israel??

Guest User-Removed

End Times to any good Utah Latter Day Saint...will come...when the Lakers take the Jazz

Pam...Be on the lookout for False Prophets...at least until the end of the Play Offs....

MVP

MVP

MVP

okay I read through those links but it does not address specifics..

okay lets look at one verse

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;

But in the middle of the week

He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,

Even until the consummation, which is determined,

Is poured out on the desolate.”

This is Daniel 9

This is referring to the antichrist who will confirm a covenant with israel. Now this one week is really a 7 year peace treaty. We are currently seeing this unfold right now in israel. What do lds believe about this current prophecy and are you watching for this to happen yourself? YOu might also note that this peace treaty will allow israel to rebuild their temple again. which is also being negotiated as we speak. President bush wants to get this signed on may 14th of this year when he is expected back their for the 60 birthday of israel. What are your thoughts? Do you think the antichrist is on the scene?

Honestly, I've had no clue about any of that (the treaty Bush wants to have signed). If it really is in the works, then I guess I should start looking forward with joy to the very real possibility of living to see the Second Coming. But either way, my main focus should be on preparing myself to meet my Lord, whether in this life or the next, and that's what the focus of our church services is as well. I don't really hear much about what's on the news being discussed at church, just the gospel and how to live it. The End-Times will come in the Lord's due time. (and that's not to say we don't ever discuss the prophecy's, it's just not a really strong focus of our worship, other than learning to take the Gospel into our hearts and live it, and building our relationship with Christ, because that's the most important thing we can do to prepare)

Honestly, I've had no clue about any of that (the treaty Bush wants to have signed). If it really is in the works, then I guess I should start looking forward with joy to the very real possibility of living to see the Second Coming. But either way, my main focus should be on preparing myself to meet my Lord, whether in this life or the next, and that's what the focus of our church services is as well. I don't really hear much about what's on the news being discussed at church, just the gospel and how to live it.

honestly jena I don't think most churches discuss news. but if you study bibical prophecies you would be amazed! So is it correct to assume that lds believe that a antichrist has to come before the lord returns?

THAT I don't know. We study the prophecies, and some may make conjectures as to how they have/are/will be fulfilled, but they're just theories. From my own limited knowledge, I don't know of any LDS theories regarding who the anti-Christ will be or what he'll do, other than the 7 years of peace, but someone else may be able to give you more of an answer. :)

okay I read through those links but it does not address specifics..

okay lets look at one verse

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;

But in the middle of the week

He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,

Even until the consummation, which is determined,

Is poured out on the desolate.”

This is Daniel 9

This is referring to the antichrist who will confirm a covenant with israel. Now this one week is really a 7 year peace treaty. We are currently seeing this unfold right now in israel. What do lds believe about this current prophecy and are you watching for this to happen yourself? YOu might also note that this peace treaty will allow israel to rebuild their temple again. which is also being negotiated as we speak. President bush wants to get this signed on may 14th of this year when he is expected back their for the 60 birthday of israel. What are your thoughts? Do you think the antichrist is on the scene?

We're currently seeing this right now?

Sorry, but the idea that George W. Bush is the antichrist, as implied there, is ludicrous.

We accept the prophecies as prophecies. We know they'll come true, that doesn't mean we fully understand them. A lot of this is stuff we study and pray about to receive our own answers.

And, by the way, could you please cite sources about this treaty being signed? For all I know it's anti-Bush propaganda, or just fake or exaggerated news meant to incite people.

We're currently seeing this right now?

Sorry, but the idea that George W. Bush is the antichrist, as implied there, is ludicrous.

We accept the prophecies as prophecies. We know they'll come true, that doesn't mean we fully understand them. A lot of this is stuff we study and pray about to receive our own answers.

And, by the way, could you please cite sources about this treaty being signed? For all I know it's anti-Bush propaganda, or just fake or exaggerated news meant to incite people.

I DO NOT BELIEVE BUSH IS THE ANTICHRIST. BUT SURE JUST GO TO ANY NEWS SITE AND LOOK INTO CURRENT EVENTS OF THE ROADMAP TO PEACE AGGREEMENT OR THE QUARTET IN THE uNITED NATIONS WHO IS ALSO BEHIND GETTING PEACE DEAL SIGNED. wE DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL HAPPEN OR NOT..BUT i WANTED TO KNOW WHAT LDS BELIEVES ABOUT IT.

I DO NOT BELIEVE BUSH IS THE ANTICHRIST. BUT SURE JUST GO TO ANY NEWS SITE AND LOOK INTO CURRENT EVENTS OF THE ROADMAP TO PEACE AGGREEMENT OR THE QUARTET IN THE uNITED NATIONS WHO IS ALSO BEHIND GETTING PEACE DEAL SIGNED. wE DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL HAPPEN OR NOT..BUT i WANTED TO KNOW WHAT LDS BELIEVES ABOUT IT.

Personally I think it would be wonderful if there was peace in the middle east! I think you will find that the majority of LDS are not "sign watchers" in the sense of traditional Christianity. We believe in prophecy yes but in addition to the Bible prophecies we have modern day prophecy which clarifies ancient Biblical prophecy. When the Prophet tells us the signs are in place....then we'll know. The thought of an Antichrist doesn't scare me at all because that would just mean the Savior is coming and on that day I shall rejoice. As our Prophets have told us and continue to tell us "prepare for His coming and you shall not fear".

okay I just want to know what lds teaches will happen..Do they teach a armageddon?

Do they teach israel will rebuild their temple and the antichrist will sit in it? Do they teach that Jesus will return in israel? Do they teach that believers will be raputered out of here before a tribulation period or not?

US pushing hard for border agreement | Jerusalem Post

This will help get you started for a look into whats happening right now. Tony Blair, Qurtet and US (which is apart of quartet) is working hard on this.

In all my years in the church I don't think this subject has really been studied in depth. It crops up amongst other stuff when we cover OT and NT Bible studies but I don't recall ever having been taught much about the anti-Christ.

But you've read the bible right? So wouldn't it have come up in your personal study time?