prophecy alert!

I have read the Bible, and I believe what it says about the last days will indeed happen, but in the past I've taken the revelations at face-value, and haven't spent much time, personally, conjecturing as to how those revelations will come to pass.

And actually, now that I think of it, I think I've learned more in church about the Millenial rein of Christ (when He will personally rein on the Earth for 1000 years, and Satan will be bound) than what will happen leading up to it, other than wars, and rumors of wars, and earthquakes in diverse places, et. al. Yes I've been taught/read about the anti-Christ, and believe there will be one, and that the Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem, but the how/where/why's of it I haven't personally studied in depth.

Again, the main focus of the church, in my experience, has been on preparing to meet the Lord. He'll come when the Father tells Him to come, and the Prophet will be there to interpret the signs of His coming, as they start coming to pass.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay I just want to know what lds teaches will happen..Do they teach a armageddon?

Do they teach israel will rebuild their temple and the antichrist will sit in it? Do they teach that Jesus will return in israel? Do they teach that believers will be raputered out of here before a tribulation period or not?

US pushing hard for border agreement | Jerusalem Post

This will help get you started for a look into whats happening right now. Tony Blair, Qurtet and US (which is apart of quartet) is working hard on this.

We do talk about the last days and the events of the last days. Yes, armageddon. Yes, antichrist -- although I don't know about the sitting in the temple part. Yes, the new temple. Yes, Jesus coming to Jerusalem. No on the rapture. No where in LDS doctrine will you find teachings on the rapture. There may be ideas that cross into the concept, though.

Also, we are aware of the events in the world and are curious as to the events of the last days. It is clear to us, and taught by our leaders that we are indeed in the last days and that important events will happen in preparation for the second coming of our Lord. But, we are not as concerned with it as perhaps you might be looking for here. We prepare for those events by living our lives correctly. There is much peace in that.Our efforts are more concentrated on our three fold mission: preaching the gospel, perfecting the saints, and redemption for the dead. I think everyone would love to see peace in the Middle East. Not sure it will happen. But I think we should pray for peace there and everywhere thru-out the world.

you guys are correct. Rapture or the word rapture is not mentioned in the bible. The concept comes from the prophecies that he will come in a twinkling of a eye and one will be taken and other one will be left...

So more on the mill reign of christ? Did someone say on here that lds teaches joseph smith will come down from heaven with christ? Did I read that right?

you guys are correct. Rapture or the word rapture is not mentioned in the bible. The concept comes from the prophecies that he will come in a twinkling of a eye and one will be taken and other one will be left...

So more on the mill reign of christ? Did someone say on here that lds teaches joseph smith will come down from heaven with christ? Did I read that right?

That's a new one to me. :lol:

"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever" (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

The word "rapture" does not occur in the Bible. The concept of the Rapture, though, is clearly taught in Scripture. The Rapture of the church is the event in which God removes all believers from the earth in order to make way for His righteous judgment to be poured out on the earth during the Tribulation period.

The Rapture is described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 describes the Rapture as God resurrecting all believers who have died, giving them glorified bodies, and then departing the earth with those believers who were still alive, who have also been given glorified bodies

Corinthians 15:50-54 focuses on the instantaneous nature of the Rapture and on the glorified bodies we will receive. "Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:51-52).

The Rapture is the glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God's presence forever. There is far too much debate over the meaning and scope of the Rapture. This is not God’s intent. Rather, in regards to the Rapture, God wants us to “encourage each other with these words.”

by Tim Lahaye

The Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ are often confused. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether a Scripture is referring to the Rapture or the Second Coming. However, in studying end-times Bible prophecy, it is very important to differentiate between the two.

The Rapture is when Jesus Christ returns to remove the church (all believers in Christ) from the earth. The Rapture is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. Believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected, and along with believers who are still living will meet the Lord in the air. This will all occur in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye. The Second Coming is when Jesus returns to defeat the antichrist, destroy evil, and establish His Millennial Kingdom. The Second Coming is described in Revelation 19:11-16.

The important differences between the Rapture and Second Coming are as follows:

(1) At the Rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the Second Coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

(2) The Second Coming occurs after the great and terrible Tribulation (Revelation chapters 6-19). The Rapture occurs before the Tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

(3) The Rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 5:9). The Second Coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

(4) The Rapture will be “secret” and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The Second Coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

(5) The Second Coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6-18). The Rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the Rapture and the Second Coming distinct?

(1) If the Rapture and the Second Coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the Tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

(2) If the Rapture and the Second Coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent…there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

(3) In describing the Tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6-19 nowhere mentions the church. During the Tribulation—also called “the time of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The Rapture and Second Coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences. In summary, the Rapture is the return of Christ to the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The Second Coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the Tribulation to an end and to defeat the antichrist and his evil world empire

The Rapture......Tim LaHaye

The Bible has a lot to say about the end times. Nearly every book of the Bible contains prophecy regarding the end times. Taking all of these prophecies and organizing them can be difficult. Here is a very brief summary of what the Bible declares will happen in the end times:

Christ will remove all born-again believers who are part of the Church (New Testament saints) from the earth by an event known as the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51ff). These believers will be rewarded for good works and service during their time on earth at the Judgment Seat of Christ or will lose rewards, but not eternal life, for lack of service and obedience (1 Corinthians 3:11-15; 2 Corinthians 5:10).

The antichrist (beast) will come into power and sign a peace pact (covenant) with Israel for seven years (Daniel 9:27). This seven year period of time is known as the Tribulation. During the Tribulation, there will be terrible wars, famines, plagues, and natural disasters. God will be pouring out His wrath against sin, evil, and wickedness. The Tribulation will contain the four horsemen of the apocalypse, and the seven seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments.

About halfway through the 7 years, the antichrist will break the peace covenant with Israel and make war against them. The antichrist will perform the abomination of desolation and set up an image of himself to be worshipped in the temple (Daniel 9:27; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-10). The second half of the Tribulation is known as the Great Tribulation and the time of Jacob’s trouble.

At the end of the seven year Tribulation, the antichrist will launch a final attack on Jerusalem, culminating in the Battle of Armageddon. Jesus Christ will return, destroy the antichrist and his armies and cast them into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:11-21). Christ will then bind Satan in the Abyss for 1000 years and will rule His earthly kingdom for this 1000 years (Revelation 20:1-6).

At the end of the 1000 years, Satan is will be released, defeated again, and then cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:7-10). Christ then judges all unbelievers (Revelation 20:10-15) at the Great White Throne Judgment, casting them all into the lake of fire. Christ will then usher in a New Heaven and New Earth and the New Jerusalem - the eternal dwelling place of believers. There will be no more sin, sorrow, or death (Revelation chapters 21-22).

Understanding End Times Prophecy by Paul Benware.

D&C 45:55-59

D&C 101: 22-43

LDS.org - Topic Definition - Millennium

The Millennium will be a time of righteousness and peace on the earth. The Lord has revealed that "in that day the enmity of man, and the enmity of beasts, yea, the enmity of all flesh, shall cease" (D&C 101:26; see also Isaiah 11:6–9). Satan will be "bound, that he shall have no place in the hearts of the children of men" (D&C 45:55; see also Revelation 20:1–3).

During the Millennium, all people on the earth will be good and just, but many will not have received the fulness of the gospel. Consequently, members of the Church will participate in missionary work.

Members of the Church will also participate in temple work during the Millennium. The Saints will continue to build temples and receive ordinances in behalf of their kindred dead. Guided by revelation, they will prepare records of their ancestors all the way back to Adam and Eve.

Complete righteousness and peace will continue until the end of the 1,000 years, when Satan "shall be loosed for a little season, that he may gather together his armies." The armies of Satan will fight against the hosts of heaven, who will be led by Michael, or Adam. Satan and his followers will be defeated and cast out forever. (See D&C 88:111–115.)

See also Second Coming of Jesus Christ

—See True to the Faith (2004), 103–4

The Millenium will be a time of peace and Satan will be bound. When a person reaches 100 years during that time, they will instantly be changed to their resurrected state. I'll write more about this later. I'm heading to the doctor's.

What?!!! I am so curious morning star..Can't wait till you return.

Some Bible interpreters believe that there will be no second chance for salvation after the Rapture. However, there is no place in the Bible which says this or even hints to it. There will be many people who come to Christ during the Tribulation. The 144,000 Jewish witnesses (Revelation 7:4) are Jewish believers. If no one can come to Christ during the Tribulation, then why are people being beheaded for their faith (Revelation 20:4)? No passage of Scripture argues against people having a second chance after the Rapture. Many passages indicate the opposite.

A variation of this argument is that those who have heard the Gospel and rejected it before the Rapture cannot be saved, but those who had not heard the Gospel before the rapture can be saved. There is also no biblical justification for this view. Granted, most who were hard-hearted toward the Gospel before the Rapture are likely to remain so. The Antichrist will deceive many (Matthew 24:5). Many will believe the lies (2 Thessalonians 2:11). At the same time, there is no scriptural evidence that those who rejected the Gospel before the Rapture have no opportunity for salvation after the Rapture.

In fact, there is ample evidence of the opposite. The fifth seal judgment of Revelation 6:9-11 describes the souls of those martyred during the Tribulation “because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained.” They will correctly interpret what they see going on around them during the Tribulation, calling on people to repent and believe the Gospel. The Antichrist and his followers will not tolerate this and will kill them. These are people who must have been alive before the Rapture, but who were not believers until afterward. Therefore, there will be opportunity to come to Christ after the Rapture.

The Rapture: Who Will Face the Tribulation by Tim LaHaye.

Guest User-Removed

Sorry, but the idea that George W. Bush is the antichrist, as implied there, is ludicrous.

From where I sit...W is just too dumb to ever qualify for the anti-christ.

Now, i'm going to indulge myself in a little Gospel hobbying here...

If you've read Revelations, you'll know that the Anti-Christ will be European. As a matter of fact, it is my view that somewhere in Europe, the Anti-Christ is alive and well. Not sure of his age....but more than likely he'll serve at some point in the European Parliament.

I have heard speculation, that with tony Blair converting to the Catholic faith...he might be the anti-christ. Frankly...as I've also indulged in "British-Israelism"...I'm convinced that the Anti-Christ will from the continent and not the UK.

The two prophets spoken of in Revelation as being murdered and then rising again, I believe will be members of the Quorum of the 12.

I also believe there will be 2 Temples in Jerusalem....a working Temple and the rebuilt Solomon's Temple. The working Temple is in place...all of the building materials for Solomon's Temple are in place too.

While it's alot of fun to read end times material....I kinda cut my teeth on Hal Lindsey's Late Great Planet Earth...

In the end...it's all gospel Hobby because the Lord has told us than no man will know the hour of his return...

Skip i could not agree more..Nobody misread above. I never said bush was the anti-christ. Skip is corrrect he will be european. Hal-lindsey well I am not sure about him ethier..but yes we will not know the day or hour but we will know the season.

The bible states when we seeing the budding of the fig tree we will know that summer is nigh. That fig tree represents israel..and that budding happened when it became a state. The season is here! Now do we need to get worried. Nope not if your saved..do we need to store tons of food. nope God already told us not to worry about such things.

We do need to get into God's word though and we do need to be aware of what is happening on the world scene.