prophecy alert!

Guest User-Removed

By the way, Elder Maxwell taught us this in the MTC while I was there...so this is not a personal understanding I've reached...but rather information given by another...

Neal A. Maxwell...WOW...another of the Lord's annoited I soooooo miss...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some info about the millennium from a lesson manual.

Chapter 34: The Millennium,” Gospel Fundamentals, 189

What is the Millennium? What will life on earth be like during the Millennium?

Righteous People Will Live on the Earth during the Millennium

When Jesus comes again, He will rule the world for 1,000 years. This period of time will be known as the Millennium.

The Millennium will be a time of peace and righteousness. Jesus will cleanse the earth from sin before the Millennium begins. All wicked people will be destroyed. Only the righteous people will be saved to live on earth at this time. Satan will have no power over people again until near the end of the Millennium.

The Prophet Joseph Smith said that people from heaven will visit the earth often during the Millennium. They will help with the work done in the temples and with missionary work.

Discussion

• • What is the Millennium?
  • • Who will live on earth during the Millennium?
  • • Try to imagine what it would be like to live in a place where there is no wickedness.
Two Great Works Will Be Done during the Millennium

The first great work to be done is to perform ordinances in the temple for both the living people and the dead people. People who have been resurrected will help the people living on earth to find the names of their dead relatives and correct any mistakes in the records.

All of the ordinances necessary to seal families together will be done in the temples. Families will be linked from one generation to another all the way back to Adam.

The other great work is the preaching of the gospel. Everyone will be able to hear the gospel and accept it. Some good people who are not members of Jesus’ Church will still live on the earth when the Millennium begins. Eventually, however, all people will know and say that Jesus is the Savior of the world.

Discussion

• • What two great works will be done during the Millennium?
What Life Will Be Like during the Millennium

During the Millennium, the earth will be as it was when Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden. There will be no war. Jesus will rule both the Church and the government. All laws will be based on true and righteous principles. There will be two capital cities. One will be in Jerusalem. The other capital will be the New Jerusalem, in North America.

People will live together in peace and love. All animals, even those that are now enemies, will live together in peace. They will no longer fight with each other.

There will be no disease, and there will be no death. When people become old, they will not die as we do now. They will change in an instant from the way we are now to an immortal condition, which means they will never die again.

It will be a great privilege to live during the Millennium. Things we do not now understand will become clear to us. Life will be very much as it is now, except that everything will be done in love and peace. People will continue to have and raise children, plant and harvest crops, and build houses.

Discussion

• • What will the earth be like during the Millennium?
One Final Struggle Will Occur Near the End of the Millennium

Near the end of the Millennium, Satan will begin to have power again on the earth. Some people will believe him. Satan and those who follow him will fight those who follow Jesus. In this war, Satan and those who follow him will be defeated forever. After this war, the people will be judged, and they will all be assigned to live in the kingdoms for which they have prepared themselves.

Discussion

• • What will happen at the end of the Millennium?
References

Righteous People Will Live on the Earth during the Millennium

Two Great Works Will Be Done during the Millennium

• Jeremiah 31:34 (People will not have to teach one another about Jesus, because they will all know Him.)
What Life Will Be Like during the Millennium

One Final Struggle Will Occur Near the End of the Millennium

This is a test of the emergency rapture system...this is only a test.......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This has been a test of the emergency rapture system, the Christians in your area in voluntary cooperation with the Lord and other authorities have developed this test in the event of an actual rapture. If this had been an actual rapture you would have been instructed where to go to meet the Lord in the clouds. This concludes this test of the emergency rapture system.

We now return you to your regular scheduled postings............;)

Brother Dorsey,

Will you explain what this means?

Guest Username-Removed

We are counseled to always be prepared. The "end times" will come and we will face the challanges of them just like the face the challanges of our day. I for one am very thankful for a prophet who I can look to for guidance and counsel. Yes there are going to be horrible things that happen in the last days before the coming of the Savior of the world. There are also going to be great things too. The thing we need to realize is that we need to begin preparing NOW for the second coming of Christ. That way no matter what happens we do not need to fear.

Exactly!

I remember when I was a manager at MCI in PortlandOregon. We were warned of a very strong storm coming with winds up to hurricane force. The city of Portland was evacuated! I, being the youngest manager, was asked to stay and make sure everyone got home first. I called my wife, made sure she had the generator out, and we went over the checklist. My brother in law came up to be with us for the storm.

I finally got everyone out of the office and then it hit. My eyes have never seen tree after tree being toppled as I watched them from my office window. The power went out, and I knew now was the time to leave - I could only think of my family. When I tried to get on the freeway on-ramp, a large tree had crushed a car. Rescue crews helped the victim while winds blew at over 60mph.

I finally got on the freeway and headed home. My car was being blown all over the freeway. Every single freeway sign was down. Power was out everywhere. When I got to my exit ramp, fir tree limbs littered the local streets so much that they were entirely green. When I got to my neighborhood, every other house had a tree on it with which created holes in the roofs where the severe rain was leaking in. I drove up to my house with my wiper blades pushing the heavy rain off my windshield and noticed... The generator was running, neighbors were over, my wife was making a meal for them, the TV news was on, and I was greeted by all with smiles and hugs.

It was a non-event.... for us.

I honestly and truly believe that if we are prepared, the events that lead up to the second coming can also be a "non-event". All we have to do is put a little effort into the preparation: 72 Hour kit, 3 months supply, and a year supply where feasible. The Lord takes care of those that try their best. We can and will make it.

Whenever I hear the word "rapture" I'm reminded of the bumper sticker I see around from time to time: "Warning: at Rapture, car will be unmanned" :lol:

I am pretty sure the main headline on CNN following the Rapture will be:

"World aggregate IQ score increases 10 points today"

Fox News on the other hand will give a related but different story:

"We can finally report the news without bias"

No it wasn't.

The "emergency broadcasting system 'test'" was only the backdrop to a caricature of those who believe in the rapture.

Elphaba

No it wasn't?

What, are you a mind reader now?

It was a parody....plain and simple....along the lines of the bumper sticker that was mentioned....it was made to make one smile or laugh.

Guest User-Removed

Let's keep this civil please. Personal attacks are unwarranted and should be avoided. Thank you.

skale...With all due respect...Truth well stated is never an unwarrented attack...just my two cents....

Now back to our regularly schedule programing....:conscience:

Guest User-Removed

Brother Dorsey,

Will you explain what this means?

It was a joke...and I :roflmbo:

BTW...anyone who has ever watched "Jericho"...you hear that sound every opening...

skale...With all due respect...Truth well stated is never an unwarrented attack...just my two cents....

Now back to our regularly schedule programing....:conscience:

I believe things can always be communicated in the spirit of brotherhood, however. I would rather that Brother Dorsey and Elphaba had resolved this privately, but alas, I have to step in and do my job in a grown-up forum.

just curious what news program do you guys watch..all the others are too liberal for me.

Did anybody watch israels's 60th annv celabrations?

The only news type "program" I ever watch is Glen Beck on CNN....and not because he's a Mormon but because he tells it like it is.....from a conservatives point of view!