Belief in Christ?

So, first of all, we believe in Christ. And the test as to whether we believe in him is whether we believe his words and whether we believe those whom he hath sent--the apostles and prophets of all the ages. And then, having believed, we have the obligation of conforming to the truths that we have thus learned. If we do conform we begin to grow in spiritual graces. We add to our faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge, and to knowledge temperance and patience and godliness and all of the other attributes and characteristics that are written in the revelations (see 2 Peter 1:5*7). So step by step and degree by degree we begin to become like God our Heavenly Father.

Elder Bruce R. McConkie "Jesus Christ and Him Crucified"

I Just thought this was really good and I'd throw it out there.

True statement. Line upon line. Precept upon Precept. We start out as a child that knows nothing and as we grow we become knowledgeable. It takes time to learn and understand. It is not an over night thing. We have to work at it. Isn't it our goal here on earth to become like our Father? He did not get where He is today by blinking his eye and say I believe. He had to work at it. It took time. He went through what we are going through now. The perfecting of man.

What I have learn so far, is I enjoy the things and knowledge that I had to work for. What was given to me was nice but I did not enjoy them as much. After all the sweat, pain and hard work, I looked at what I had and said, "I earned this". Gaining a testimony was not easy. I had to study. I had to pray. I had to deal with Satan. When I finally got to end of my ordeal and knew that God lives. I rejoiced because of all the termoil I had to go to gain that testimony. I knew because I worked for it. I didn't go by someone telling me and I believed.

Not sure if this makes sense because I am not much of a writer. But I believe that we have to learn slowly and surely.

I do live by Paul's statement; "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

We learn to be obedient overtime through learning and by trials of faith; next we give our will to the FATHER and thus begins that purifying process by the Holy Ghost. Our next step becomes one of preparation in receiving the Master Himself - Jesus the Christ.

Going to church and chanting various belief incantations no more make someone a believer in Christ than sleeping in a garage makes someone a Chevy (even if their snoring resembles a Harley.)

The Traveler