Robert Kehrer, senior product manager for FamilySearch.org, announced new product developments on July 30, 2015 to better meet users’ needs.
Kehrer made mention of the following changes coming to FamilySearch.org:
- The site will provide more records at a faster speed
- There will be more features added to cell phone and tablet versions of the site
- Ability to create a more accurate and in-depth search
- Expanded partnerships with industry leaders
- A new interface which will enable users to better view images and enter data
- Automated indexing, a technology FamilySearch is developing that scours ASCI (typeset) type historic records and intuitively “indexes” them by pulling researchable data out of the document
For a full list of changes coming to FamilySearch, go to LDS.org.