Any views expressed on Third Hour are independent of and do not represent the views of Third Hour, More Good Foundation, or Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
1. Do not post, upload, or otherwise submit anything to the site that is derogatory towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachings, or its leaders. Anti-LDS Propaganda will not be tolerated anywhere.
2. Please be conscious of the fact that although Third Hour is aimed towards an LDS audience, that the membership of this site consists of friends from an array of different backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. Please be respectful and courteous to all, and know that everyone who is willing to follow the Rules and Terms of Third Hour are welcome to participate and be a member of Third Hour. Keep in mind that anything posted, uploaded, or otherwise displayed on the site should be understandable to friends of other faiths as well as to members. Please define any LDS vocabulary that friends of other faiths may not understand (i.e. Mutual, Relief Society, and Deacon.)
3. Personal attacks, name calling, flaming, and judgments against other members will not be tolerated.
4. No bickering and nit-picking toward others. Realize that sometimes it is very difficult to be able to express how one feels through written words. Please be courteous and ask for a further explanation, rather then trying to attack and find holes in someone else's post.
5. No cursing or crude language. Any swearing, including filter skipping, will result in an automatic one week suspension.
6. Posting issues you have with a moderator or administrator anywhere on the site will not be allowed. Please follow the chain of authority if you have any concerns. Any such posts will be removed and the poster will be subject to the consequences of breaking the rules.
List of site moderators
Course of action that should be taken if you have a concern:
- Send a message directly to the moderator you have a concern about. If you are unable to work out the problem then,
- Send a message to the head moderators.
- If after you have approached both avenues, you may then send a message to Heather; however know that Heather is very unlikely to over rule anything that has been sanctioned by the moderators and head moderators.
7. Multiple accounts are not allowed and will result in all accounts being banned from the site.
8. Please do not share any "true" or "faith promoting" stories, unless you can verify the source.
9. Do not post any copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you.
10. Bigoted/racial/ethnic comments will not be tolerated.
Political Neutrality Policy
More Good Foundation, as a nonprofit foundation, must remain neutral with respect to partisan politics and candidate campaigns for public office. The foundation encourages its members and staff to be informed about political issues and to be engaged in civic life; however, it does not endorse or oppose any political parties, candidates, or platforms.
Third Hour will allow political discussion, also long as all posts remain neutral with respect to partisan politics and candidate campaigns for public office. You may not use the site to show support, endorse, oppose or sanction any candidate. In addition, all posts must be respectful and sensitive to readers of all political beliefs and backgrounds. Any post that violates any of the above conditions will be dealt with according to the consequences of breaking the rules.
As a non-profit organization, 501©3, we are governed by legal constraints relative to writing, blogging, or otherwise endorsing any candidate running for political office. The law states, in effect, that no one acting on behalf of the nonprofit can intervene directly or indirectly in the election process by endorsing a political candidate. Any post that speaks favorably about one candidate, even in a religious context, can be construed as indirect intervention in the election process. While journalists are presently exempt from this provision, bloggers and forum-members are not.
12. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
13. You will not use this site to solicit the sale of any product, service or website. You will not use this site to promote a money making venture or contest. If appropriate, you may post a link to your personal website or to your business on your profile, in your forum signature, and you make create one post in the web link section of the forum. Do not post any link or discuss any business, service, or website that violates any rule of Third Hour. Third Hour is not responsible for the content of any site linked on Third Hour.
Consequences to these rules could result in the following, and are determined on a case by case basis. Anything that an Administrator or Moderator determines is more than just an infraction of the rules, will result in immediate banning from the site and/or legal action:
First infraction will result in a warning and a message from a moderator on what rule was broken. Second infraction will result in a one week suspension followed by a two week moderator post approval Third infraction will result in banned from the site for good.
Any topic, message, video, music, image, or other upload or submission to the site that breaks any rules will be deleted.
Please remember that we are not responsible for anything posted or uploaded. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message or upload. We are not responsible for the contents of any message, video, image, post or upload.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Third Hour , More Good Foundation, or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administration immediately by Private Message, Email, or Report a Post. We will make every effort to remove objectionable messages and uploads within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
January 8, 2008
Third Hour is a social networking service that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with old and new friends. Third Hour refers to "Third Hour or its proprietors." The services offered by Third Hour ("Third Hour" or "we") include the Third Hour website (the "Third Hour Website"), the Third Hour Internet messaging service, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by Third Hour in connection with the Third Hour Website (collectively, the "Third Hour Services"). The Third Hour Services are hosted in the U.S.
Third Hour may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Third Hour on the Third Hour Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Third Hour Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on Third Hour and that you provide to other Users. You may NOT include any of the following information anywhere on Third Hour, including private messages: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Email addresses should NEVER be posted to the general public. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other Third Hour Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and Third Hour assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Third Hour Services by any person, please contact Third Hour or click on the "Report Inappropriate Content" link at the bottom of any Third Hour page.
Third Hour reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to moderate, reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Third Hour Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. Third Hour expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of Third Hour Services if Third Hour determines, in its sole discretion, that you pose a threat to Third Hour and/or its Users.
Third Hour reserves the right to ask a member to change their username if it is found to be offensive or can be perceived as offensive. Due to the sacredness, this would include any usernames that include, Jesus, Christ, God, Lord, names of Prophets, General authorities etc. The names of personal or business websites, blogs, etc. to promote said sites is also prohibited. Using names of political figures or party affiliation is also prohibited. 1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the Third Hour Services is void where prohibited. By using the Third Hour Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; ( B) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; © you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Third Hour Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 13 years of age.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Third Hour Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, emailing an admin. Third Hour may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
3. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Third Hour immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
4. Non-commercial Use by Members. The Third Hour Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Third Hour. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Third Hour Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Third Hour Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Third Hour Services.
5. Proprietary Rights in Content on Third Hour.
Third Hour does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the Third Hour Services. After posting your Content to the Third Hour Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Third Hour Services, you hereby grant to Third Hour a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the Third Hour Services.
Without this license, Third Hour would be unable to provide the Third Hour Services. For example, without the right to modify Member Content, Third Hour would not be able to digitally compress music files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content, Third Hour could not allow Users to listen to music posted by Members. The license you grant to Third Hour is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Third Hour), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Third Hour is not required to pay you for the use on the Third Hour Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that Third Hour is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the Third Hour Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the Third Hour Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from the Third Hour Services. The license does not grant Third Hour the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant Third Hour the right to distribute your Content outside of the Third Hour Services. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Third Hour Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Third Hour Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the LDS.Third Hour Services. The Third Hour Services contain Content of Third Hour ("Third Hour Content"). Third Hour Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Third Hour owns and retains all rights in the Third Hour Content and the Third Hour Services. Third Hour hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Third Hour Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Third Hour Website and using the Third Hour Services. The Third Hour Services contain Content of Users and other Third Hour licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Third Hour Services.
6. Content Posted.
Third Hour may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Third Hour violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Third Hour assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Third Hour Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Third Hour chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Third Hour Services, Third Hour nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Third Hour Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. Third Hour does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Third Hour prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Third Hour. Third Hour makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
7. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Third Hour Services.Third Hour reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Third Hour's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Third Hour Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Third Hour:
is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; harasses or advocates harassment of another person; exploits people in a sexual or violent manner; contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website; solicits personal information from anyone; provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses; promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files; involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming"; contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Third Hour Website and through your use of the Third Hour Services. Third Hour reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Third Hour's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to: criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets; advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Third Hour Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Third Hour Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, Third Hour reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which Third Hour deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Third Hour Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Third Hour, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Third Hour $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Third Hour Services; covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Third Hour page via HTML/CSS or any other means; any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages; interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Third Hour Services or the networks or services connected to the Third Hour Services; attempting to impersonate another Member or person; copying the code for your Third Hour Player and embedding it into other profiles or asking other Members to embed it into their profiles; using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account; selling or otherwise transferring your profile; using any information obtained from the Third Hour Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person; displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Third Hour Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your "Top" friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or using the Third Hour Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
8. Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Third Hour to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to Third Hour by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Third Hour Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Third Hour Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
9. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Third Hour Members. Third Hour reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
11. Disclaimers. Third Hour is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Third Hour Website or in connection with the Third Hour Services, whether caused by Users of the Third Hour Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Third Hour Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the Third Hour Website may contain links to other websites. Third Hour is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Third Hour. Inclusion of any linked website on the Third Hour Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Third Hour. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Third Hour takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Third Hour Website or through the Third Hour Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Third Hour is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Third Hour Services.Third Hour assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. Third Hour is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Third Hour Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Third Hour Services. Under no circumstances shall Third Hour be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Third Hour Services, attendance at a Third Hour event, from any Content posted on or through the Third Hour Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Third Hour Services, whether online or offline. The Third Hour Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Third Hour expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Third Hour cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Third Hour Services.
12. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL Third Hour BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF Third Hour HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, Third Hour'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO Third Hour FOR THE Third Hour SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
13. U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the Third Hour Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Third Hour Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
14. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Third Hour Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of Utah, City of Orem. Either Third Hour or you may demand that any dispute between Third Hour and you about or involving the Third Hour Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Orem, Utah, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Third Hour from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
15. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Third Hour, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Third Hour Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on theThird Hour Website or through the Third Hour Services causes Third Hour to be liable to another.
16. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Third Hour Website or any of the Third Hour Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Third Hour regarding the use of the Third Hour Services. The failure of Third Hour to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Third Hour is a trademark of Third Hour, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: Contact Third Hour with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Use the online HTML tidy to compose similar articles in your web browser.