Is It Wrong

the_kid_in_the_korner

Guest GOD'S ARMY

Originally posted by the_kid_in_the_korner@Sep 15 2004, 07:51 AM

is it wrong to think ur bishop is wrong 4 the job? :blink:

Sorry, I'm not a youth, but I like to drop in occasionally to make sure nothing crazy is going on behind closed doors.

What do you think is wrong with your Bishop?

When I was 14 we had a new Bishop called and I thought it was a terrible choice. I knew the kind of guy that he was (not bad, just different from my other bishop) and it didn't line up with what I thought a bishop should be. It took me about a year to realize that I was wrong. He was a great bishop and wa the perfect person for helping the youth of the ward who were many and heading in the wrong directions.

Sometimes we get callings that are perfectly lined up with our talents and sometimes we recieve callings that are going to help us develop new talents.

Remember that he has been called of God. Being a bishop does not make a man perfect. If you are concerned you should pray for him.

Bishops are not perfect, just because he cusses once in a while doesn't make him the wrong guy for the job. We all have weaknesses, and if his worst thing is that he cusses like J. Golden Kimball, he's probably a pretty good guy. The best bishop I ever had cussed sometimes. Of course, he raised livestock, and that can make anyone cuss. ;)