Be careful about sending your computer in for repair...

Mahone

Ya know Pam, we have enough computer geeks here that we should have a sticky thread for computer help questions. Put some of these young diagnosticians into troubleshooting mode.

haha oh dear. I'm glad our building services department will never see that, they tease me enough as it is for having the general appearance of a doctor. It's been an on going thing for about three months now. I don't see it myself *confused*

Hahahaha, no, it was the a/c plug in thing that was broken and the local place couldn't fix it (they tried) so I had to send it in.

The charging socket broke off the motherboard of the laptop? It's easy enough to repair on some laptops with a soldering iron, but on others it's flipping difficult to even get to the charging socket, let alone fix it - I dislike doing repairs of this nature on laptops for this reason. Depending on the manufacturer, they can be so complicated and delicate to take apart i.e. they do it this way on purpose so only someone who has worked for long periods of time with that model of laptop (their own technicians) can easily take it apart.

The charging socket broke off the motherboard of the laptop? It's easy enough to repair on some laptops with a soldering iron, but on others it's flipping difficult to even get to the charging socket, let alone fix it - I dislike doing repairs of this nature on laptops for this reason. Depending on the manufacturer, they can be so complicated and delicate to take apart i.e. they do it this way on purpose so only someone who has worked for long periods of time with that model of laptop (their own technicians) can easily take it apart.

If my laptop breaks, I usually just send it back to the manufacturer, unless it is RAM or hard drive or something easy to get to. If it's past warranty, then it's probably time to upgrade anyway.

I really hate the trend in making laptops difficult to take apart, on my current model I had to nearly disassemble the thing just to get the keyboard off.