Polygamist Wanted For Interview For School Paper

williampatersonu

You're outta luck dude. No polygamists amongst the general LDS population.

The only Polygs you'll find usually don't advertise. Most won't do interviews either.

You can try Tapistry of Polygamy for an interview with a woman or two who had very bad experiences with polgyamy.

Or you can travel down to Bluffdale Utah and speak with some very nice, socially integrated folks who believe and practice.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by williampatersonu@Nov 11 2005, 05:28 PM

Hello,

I am a student a William Paterson University in New Jersey and i'm looking for anybody who believes in polygamy.  No matter if you are a guy or girl please email me back or post something please i have a paper due by monday

You lookin' to join the polyigamouses?

I am not one... but I know some and am related to some... and know some about their practices...

Originally posted by Please+Nov 11 2005, 06:32 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-williampatersonu@Nov 11 2005, 05:28 PM

Hello,

I am a student a William Paterson University in New Jersey and i'm looking for anybody who believes in polygamy.  No matter if you are a guy or girl please email me back or post something please i have a paper due by monday

I am not one... but I know some and am related to some... and know some about their practices...

Can't you read? He's doing a paper dummy. :wacko:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 11 2005, 06:44 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 11 2005, 06:32 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-williampatersonu@Nov 11 2005, 05:28 PM

Hello,

Can't you read? He's doing a paper dummy. :wacko:

can't you read??? I wrote it in jest... even left off the last letter of the word lookin' and misspelled polygamous...... like a hill billy.... johnny

I then proceeded to offer what knowledge I had.... johnny

Good luck on finding one. A friend of mine is a journalist and when we were in Utah he really wanted to get an interview but we could find none that were on the net (webpages, e-mail links, etc.). One ironic outcome of not recognizing such living arrangements is that these people go underground in fear -- less some prosecutor who wants to make a name for himself takes them to court.

Originally posted by williampatersonu@Nov 11 2005, 03:28 PM

Hello,

HA HA HA to funny..........If you were doing research on This subject you would know MORMONS do not do poligamy any more (it's been like what way over a 100 years?).......It's obviouse We cant even spell it right :bouncing:

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 12 2005, 12:01 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-williampatersonu@Nov 11 2005, 03:28 PM

Hello,

HA HA HA to funny..........If you were doing research on This subject you would know MORMONS do not do poligamy any more (it's been like what way over a 100 years?).......It's obviouse We cant even spell it right :bouncing:

OK so i made that last post when i was way to sleepy............give me some slack there K? :wacko:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 12 2005, 10:55 AM

lisajo,

Thousands of Mormons practice polygamy.  Just very few in the LDS church. 

You have no more right to deny those followers of Joseph Smith the title of Mormon, than a Baptist does to deny you the right to use the title Christian.  :angry2:

Really? All the fundies I know want to be known as fundamentalists... not mormon... and all the RLDS wanted to be known they were not MORMONs... and all the now Community of Christ people like to be known apart from what the world considers Mormons

Ask Jenda... or my Friend the polygamous... Patty.

Originally posted by Please+Nov 12 2005, 09:29 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Nov 12 2005, 10:55 AM

lisajo,

Thousands of Mormons practice polygamy.  Just very few in the LDS church. 

You have no more right to deny those followers of Joseph Smith the title of Mormon, than a Baptist does to deny you the right to use the title Christian.   :angry2:

Really? All the fundies I know want to be known as fundamentalists... not mormon... and all the RLDS wanted to be known they were not MORMONs... and all the now Community of Christ people like to be known apart from what the world considers Mormons

Ask Jenda... or my Friend the polygamous... Patty.

Thanks Please..thats what i was trying to exspress pretty much........I was way to sleepy when i posted LOL, I knew several plyg's when i lived in Utah...one was a foster child that lived with us........They all (the ones i knew) did not want to be called mormon in any way....although they did believe in the early parts of our church, And don't get me wrong people out there in forum land.......these are good people........just have a way different life style,...........I have baby sat for and had dinner with some of these familys..Yes they are more extrem than most mormons you know .....but they are very dedicated to family...

Please and Lisajo,

Considering Im way more informed on this matter than either of you, you should rethink your position.

I was formerly a MORMON Fundamentalist. Yeah, all of the Allred Group calls themselves Mormon Fundamentalists. They are proud of the title, and again, you have no right to deny them use of the title.

So I don't care if you know one or two Mormon Fundamentalists, I know way more than you do, and still call some of them my friends.

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 12 2005, 12:35 PM

Please and Lisajo,

Considering Im way more informed on this matter than either of you, you should rethink your position.

I was formerly a MORMON Fundamentalist.  Yeah, all of the Allred Group calls themselves Mormon Fundamentalists.  They are proud of the title, and again, you have no right to deny them use of the title. 

So I don't care if you know one or two Mormon Fundamentalists, I know way more than you do, and still call some of them my friends.

What ever Jason! after all this is just our oppions and that is your's and as far as denying them their title......Heck they can have what ever title they want! I am not God i cant say You cant title your self with that name! GEEEEEEESH Big woop! I respect their beliefs any how.......and were i lived in Utah they were respected by others also..........I was not downing them..........get that? and gee who said this was a contest to know more of them than you? Big woop again! Okay so you are the Man with all the knowledge on MORMON FUNDAMENTALISTS! and like i said this was just what my oppinion was and what i saw...........

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 12 2005, 03:40 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Nov 12 2005, 12:35 PM

Please and Lisajo,

I was formerly a MORMON Fundamentalist.  Yeah, all of the Allred Group calls themselves Mormon Fundamentalists.  They are proud of the title, and again, you have no right to deny them use of the title. 

What ever Jason! after all this is just our oppions and that is your's

It's not an opinion when you've been a member of the establishment under question.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 12 2005, 02:35 PM

Please and Lisajo,

ROFL... NO THEY DON"T... half of my cousins are up there in Montana and my friends are down in what used to be Colorado City and small towns surrounding that area... They call themselves the Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..OR Fundamentalists.

Originally posted by Please+Nov 12 2005, 03:47 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Nov 12 2005, 02:35 PM

Please and Lisajo,

ROFL... NO THEY DON"T... half of my cousins are up there in Montana and my friends are down in what used to be Colorado City and small towns surrounding that area... They call themselves the Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..OR Fundamentalists.

Oh simple minded one, the FLDS is a different Church. Im speaking of the 30,000 members of the Apostolic United Brethern who call themselves Mormon Fundamentalists.

There's a difference between opinion and informed opinion. I have the latter while you have the former.

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 12 2005, 01:53 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 12 2005, 03:47 PM

Please and Lisajo,

Oh simple minded one, the FLDS is a different Church. Im speaking of the 30,000 members of the Apostolic United Brethern who call themselves Mormon Fundamentalists.

There's a difference between opinion and informed opinion. I have the latter while you have the former.

And you call her the simple minded one.........

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 12 2005, 01:53 PM-->

Please and Lisajo,

And you call her the simple minded one.........

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 12 2005, 03:53 PM-->

Please and Lisajo,

AGAIN ROLF!!!

There aren't no 30,000 of those yaw hoos!!! LOL You are talking about that iitibiti... church founded in MANTI.... LOL They used to have maybe 12,000.... but now they have dwindled down to near 3000 because of all the herisies of the founders... LOL

Originally posted by Please+Nov 12 2005, 04:02 PM-->

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 12 2005, 03:53 PM

Please and Lisajo,

AGAIN ROLF!!!

There aren't no 30,000 of those yaw hoos!!! LOL You are talking about that iitibiti... church founded in MANTI.... LOL They used to have maybe 12,000.... but now they have dwindled down to near 3000 because of all the herisies of the founders... LOL

You seriously cannot be this dumb. Are you?

The TLC in Manti is not the same as the AUB in Bluffdale. Manti has maybe 500 members left and Jim Harmston is no more a heretic than Joseph Smith.

Owen Allred was running the AUB until his death of late. Now Jensen is in charge as leader of the Council of Friends. They number approx 30,000 from Canada to Mexico. They have two temples for endowment work in Utah and Mexico.

Course being as smart as you are, I guess you already know that, huh?

:bouncing:

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 12 2005, 02:56 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 12 2005, 04:02 PM

Please and Lisajo,

AGAIN ROLF!!!

The TLC in Manti is not the same as the AUB in Bluffdale. Manti has maybe 500 members left and Jim Harmston is no more a heretic than Joseph Smith.

Owen Allred was running the AUB until his death of late. Now Jensen is in charge as leader of the Council of Friends. They number approx 30,000 from Canada to Mexico. They have two temples for endowment work in Utah and Mexico.

Gee please I thought you were smart...Of course he is supposibly right about every thing LOL J/K

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 12 2005, 04:56 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 12 2005, 04:02 PM

Please and Lisajo,

AGAIN ROLF!!!

Oh... yeah... LOL... and you quit? why did you join in the first place? was that just another one of your efforts to run from the true church? How many have you joined so far...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 12 2005, 06:55 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Please@Nov 12 2005, 06:49 PM

Oh...  yeah... LOL... and you quit? why did you join in the first place?

Because they had not apostatized from the teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young like the LDS church has.

Duh.

Hey mr duh.... that is why you joined or why you quit.... ?