Vesuvius Volcano Program On Discovery.

Fiannan

I recognize little truths here and there all the time that fit well into the Book of Mormon. Here's just a little one in reference to the climactic conditions hitings the peoples on this hemispere after the death of Jesus, which have been explained as being related to possible volcanic activity.

I was watching a program about the famous Italian volcano and the eruption that destroyed Herculium and Vesuvius in 79AD. They read an eye-witness account that said everything turned black, heavy and there was no sound for a long period of time.

The interesting thing I noted was that the narrator said that scientists generally rejected the account of this individual until the eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1978. There they noticed that after the pyroclastic cloud enveloped the area (not the section that would have been hot enough to kill, but the overall ash evelopment combined with the gases from the cloud) did indeed follow to the letter the things the ancient Roman writer had recorded.

Question: Can anti-Mormons also add volcanology to the list of credentials Joseph Smith had when compiling the Book of Mormon or could he actually have been telling the truth?

Originally posted by Fiannan@Dec 26 2005, 05:26 PM

I recognize little truths here and there all the time that fit well into the Book of Mormon.  Here's just a little one in reference to the climactic conditions hitings the peoples on this hemispere after the death of Jesus, which have been explained as being related to possible volcanic activity.

I was watching a program about the famous Italian volcano and the eruption that destroyed Herculium and Vesuvius in 79AD.  They read an eye-witness account that said everything turned black, heavy and there was no sound for a long period of time. 

The interesting thing I noted was that the narrator said that scientists generally rejected the account of this individual until the eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1978.  There they noticed that after the pyroclastic cloud enveloped the area (not the section that would have been hot enough to kill, but the overall ash evelopment combined with the gases from the cloud) did indeed follow to the letter the things the ancient Roman writer had recorded.

Question:  Can anti-Mormons also add volcanology to the list of credentials Joseph Smith had when compiling the Book of Mormon or could he actually have been telling the truth?

Mt Vesuvious and Mt. St. Helens look like a cake walk compared to what I saw on National Geohraphic Channel on the Super Volcano under Yellowstone Park.

I'm going to Sorrento this summer for vacation and we hope to climb Vesuvius.

Vesuvius towers over the bay of Naples, said to be the most beautiful place on Earth. But Vesuvius is well overdue on its next eruption. When it finally does blow the ash cloud will spread as far as Istanbul and the pyroclasti flows will destroy Naples and Sorrento as well as everything else near the bay of Naples.

Another piece of evidence that the end times are near is the Volcano of Los Palmos on Gran Canaria.

It is full of water and overdue an eruption. When it finally does erupt it will force the mountain to fall into the Atlantic creating a Tsunami over 100 ft tall which will destroy the entire East coast of the USA.

Revelations 8:8-9

8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

The world is a ticking time bomb :D

Live life now for we do not know when the end will come, it could be tomorrow, it could be in 100 years, it could be in 1000 years (though I doubt it is as far as 1000 years as there are plans to rebuild the 3rd temple on temple mount as we speak)

Originally posted by Fiannan@Dec 26 2005, 05:26 PM

Question:  Can anti-Mormons also add volcanology to the list of credentials Joseph Smith had when compiling the Book of Mormon or could he actually have been telling the truth?

Good question. Can you find evidence of major volcanic eruptions in 33AD anywhere in the Western Hemisphere?

You could add earthquakes if you can find any evidence of them at the supposed time of Jesus' death.