Moving membership recordes

KellyLC

hi darkpaw :) Sorry for the late post.

I have a question for any other Church members please:

I noticed an inconsistency on my membership records:

My ward was having an activity tonight to trace and record family history; I checked a copy of my records they'd given me (I need my membership number in order to log into the official Church site) and "tada" I see December. My reaction was "Wow, what happened here?"

My membership records say I was born 02 Dec 1981, but I was actually born February 1, 1981. I have no idea where the December date came from on there.

Who would I have to go to in order to get the birth date corrected on my membership records? Would I have to talk to the bishop and have him contact the stake president?

Edited by KellyLC

hi darkpaw :) Sorry for the late post.

I have a question to any members, I don't remember if I asked this before though:

I noticed an inconsistency on my Church membership records: They say I was born 02 Dec 1981, but I was born February 1, 1981. I have no idea where the December date came from on there; I just checked a copy of my records online today and noticed it.

Who would I have to go to in order to get the birth date corrected?

Ward clerk, he'll be in charge of this or possibly an assistant clerk in charge of membership records, depending on how big your ward is.