Book of Mormon geography...

KevlarH

I stumbled across this site that had a series of video clips about the Book of Mormon geography. It suggested that it mostly took place here in the United States, rather than in Central or South America, like I've always thought. After listening to these, I'm about convinced he is right, based on things Joseph Smith said. I was wondering if some of you would view these videos, (they are about 10 minutes each in length and there are about 14 of them) and tell me what you guys think: BookofMormonEvidence.org

View the 2nd through the 15th video clips.

Edited by ldrkholt

Of all the theories, this is probably the least likely and has been disproven by LDS scholars of many fields, many who do not espouse any particular theory. There is a lack of scholarly rigor, and an abundance of playing loose with the facts so much so that it is hard to believe anything he is saying (an example of this is him only quoting Joseph Smith when he agrees with his theory, but leaving out and ignoring Joseph Smith and other Prophets when they place The Book of Mormon in Mesoamerica). There are enough red flags that I'd be weary of accepting the above theory as fact if I were you. Here are a few articles which point out the major flaws in the theory you link to.

The Hopewell culture (in the Great Lakes area) and The Book of Mormon: Do they match? | FAIR Blog

Joseph Smith, Revelation, and Book of Mormon Geography - Matthew Roper - FARMS Review - Volume 22 - Issue 2

Losing the Remnant: The New Exclusivist "Movement" and the Book of Mormon - Matthew Roper - FARMS Review - Volume 22 - Issue 2

Often in Error, Seldom in Doubt: Rod Meldrum and Book of Mormon DNA - Gregory L. Smith - FARMS Review - Volume 22 - Issue 1

The Book of Mormon and the Origin of Native Americans from a Maternally Inherited DNA Standpoint - Ugo A. Perego - FARMS Review - Volume 22 - Issue 1

Land of Promise in The Book of Mormon | FAIR Blog

Weather in relation to Book of Mormon geography | FAIR Blog

The Book of Mormon and the X haplogroup….again | FAIR Blog

Zelph in relation to Book of Mormon geography | FAIR Blog

Book of Mormon geography in Joseph Smith’s day | FAIR Blog

Reviews of DNA Evidence for Book of Mormon Geography « FAIR

If you like videos, I personally find this video to be much more compelling. It was done by BYU and interviews 20 some scholars to produce a very well done video that touches both the spiritual and physical evidence side of The Book of Mormon.

I have studied this a lot, probably a little too much, so if you have any specific questions about it please let me know.

Edited by livy111us

Well, I viewed a number of those videos. I guess the location of Book of Mormon events will remain unclear, except that it happened somewhere in the Americas. Thanks for responding everyone, at least now I am more informed than I was before. The important thing, is that I know the Book of Mormon is true. It would be nice to know where things occurred, but I guess we will know in time.