10 Times General Authorities Quoted … Bumper Stickers

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that general authorities really seem to like quoting bumper stickers? Sometimes they agree with the sticker, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they're just joking around. I can think of three or four instances off the top of my head from recent years, but as you're about to see, there are many more than that. Here's a look at ten bumper sticker references from years past (along with five runners-up). 1. Have you hugged your child today? https://youtu.be/gFSeN94Y6JI?t=3m50s This bumper sticker reference comes from Gordon B. Hinckley's October 1978 General Conference address, Behold Your Little Ones. There is a bumper sticker seen much of late that asks the question, 'Have you hugged your child today?' How fortunate, how blessed is the child who feels the affection of his parents. That warmth, that love will bear sweet fruit in the years that follow. In large measure the harshness that characterizes so much of our society is an outgrowth of harshness imposed on children years ago. 2. Save the...

View the full article