3 Taboo LDS Podcasts to Improve Your Discipleship

Listening to podcasts has almost completely wiped out my desire to attend my university classes. It's also almost obliterated traditional talk-radio (which I can't complain about) and can be heaven for Type A, "get-to-the-point" personalities. But my favorite kinds of podcasts are the ones that offer insight into culturally taboo topics—especially those relating to the Church. I love these podcasts because some topics within church culture are so hush-hush that not addressing them can be so isolating. You know the kind I'm referring to. Sex, suicide, same-sex attraction and marriage, and excommunication are just a few examples. But isolation isn't the only thing we risk when we avoid talking about these topics. Avoidance also perpetuates negative stigmas and unfair judgments. Needless to say, it's time to start opening up about some of these topics and seeking to understand them—which is exactly what some members of the Church have started to do. Within the last few months, I've started to follow 3 really incredible podcasts. Each of these has its own unique...

View the full article