I'm Breezy

Guest Breezy

Hi

I am a 45 year old woman who has been interested in the LDS most of my life.I talked to a couple of missionaries in my teens but my parents put a stop to that and confiscated the bible and the BOM they gave me. I married at an early age and my Catholic husband has also made it very hard for me to try to continue my interest in the LDS. I am joining this forum so that I can learn more in the only way left to me. I have been to a couple of other forums but non LDS werent very welcome and my questions were not welcome either or there was so much nastiness between posters that I just couldnt stay. I will probably lurk a lot at least at first if thats ok? I am hoping to learn more about the bible and the BOM both. Hopefully this doesnt sound bad because it isnt meant that way but since I cant attend an LDS church I am substituting online. Thank you for letting me join.

breezy

Hi

I am a 45 year old woman who has been interested in the LDS most of my life.I talked to a couple of missionaries in my teens but my parents put a stop to that and confiscated the bible and the BOM they gave me. I married at an early age and my Catholic husband has also made it very hard for me to try to continue my interest in the LDS. I am joining this forum so that I can learn more in the only way left to me. I have been to a couple of other forums but non LDS werent very welcome and my questions were not welcome either or there was so much nastiness between posters that I just couldnt stay. I will probably lurk a lot at least at first if thats ok? I am hoping to learn more about the bible and the BOM both. Hopefully this doesnt sound bad because it isnt meant that way but since I cant attend an LDS church I am substituting online. Thank you for letting me join.

breezy

Glad to have you! Enjoy your time here. I do love how we avoid contention here.

HiJolly

Great name, "Breezy."

Yes, welcome. I think you'll like it here, and we'll do our best to answer your questions. Another thing you can do online is go into FAIR and visit the Topical Guide and select topics you want to read about. The same with FARMS.

Note: Will someone give Breezy the proper "links" so she can go directly to those sites also? Thanks.

You can also read the Book of Mormon online... and the Ensign magazine, which is the official Church magazine with all sorts of articles, etc., from our leaders.

Note #2: Can someone please give link for online BoM? Is it lds.org?

Anyway Breezy... welcome and good luck...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... The Garden Girl

Guest AutumnBreez

Welcome Breezy!

Not sure how he is making it hard for you, but rest assured, you are not alone-- there are many of us (including myself) that have mixed belief households and it is hard at times. Especially at the beginning! The advesary tries to put up roadblocks to discourage you. They are large blocks, but also potent in message that you are headed in the right (Christ) direction - the one the advesary doesn't want you to go.

I hope you can find strength to carry on learning and able to fulfill Baptism ordinance. To endure to the end. There are promises and I believe you can trust in. God is truth.

Glad to have you here....enjoy the boards, great people here!!

Hi

breezy

Hello and Welcome. Are you the same Breezy from LDSFriends?

Here is the link to the scriptures at lds.org http://scriptures.lds.org/

Ensign and the other magazines at lds.org http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgne...RD&locale=0

Hey Breezy, HI (waving), it is Soooooo good to have you here.

You are going to really like it here. There is zero contention and 100% kindness. I still go to Friends, but I have totally quit talk.

See you around the Forum.

Iggy

Welcome, Breezy! :D

Another great resource to start-off with is the Gospel Principles manual. When investigators first start comin' ta church they usually attend a gospel principles Sunday School class for a while.

Although you may not be able to attend, you can still make use of the manual. It's an excellent reference.

Enjoy!

LatterDaySaint

I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Iggy it is good to see you here too.Since Tom quit posting at Friends I have kind of drifted away from there although he and I still talk thru IM. I have already gotten a question answered in a way that made sense to me and that one question was a biggie for me. What a nice site, the feature linking to similar or related topics at the bottom of the threads is really cool. Whoever thought of adding that was really on the ball! Thank you to all who have posted links. I will be going thru them as time permits.