What makes a Mormon a Mormon? Well, obviously if they have been baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. But what makes a Mormon a Mormon can be their testimony in the gospel or their display of cultural Mormon quirks. If you are a Mormon, then you may find yourself doing at least one of these things.
1. Speaks in Mormon Lingo
2. Testimony of the Book of Mormon
Read it, prayed about it, gained a testimony of it. (Moroni 10:4-5) You just need to make it through 2 Nephi and it is easier from that point on.
3. Funeral Potatoes and Jell-o
4. Family History
You actually know who your ancestors are, such as your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great- . . .
5. Loves General Conference
6. Follows the Prophet . . . on Twitter.
7. Does the Seminary Answers
8. Has a Crush on Dieter F. Uchtdorf
9. Loves and Appreciates their Family
“[T]he family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children” (The Family: A Proclamation to the World). Even though they sometimes (maybe all times) drive us crazy, we love them anyways.
10. Goes to Ward Activities
11. Listens to the Music of Famous Mormon Musicians
12. Keeps the Commandments
13. Does All their Shopping at Deseret Book
14. Serves God for Two Years
I hope they call me on a mission . . . especially to a place with beaches and great food.
15. Loudly Cheers When Jeffery R. Holland Goes to Speak
He is awesome! Look out Satan, Elder Holland is here.
16. Watches BYUtv
BYUtv has Studio C, Granite Flats, and American Ride.
17. What’s in your Wallet?
Miny FSOY pamphlet, Temple Recommend, tithing slip . . .