Paul Dunn's "heroe-statis" Self-fabrication

Guest JLHyde

Guest JLHyde

Post deleted by Kevin.

The board rules are clear that speaking ill of LDS church leaders is not allowed on this board. You are free to express such opinions but not on this privately owned board.

Everyone has their agency. What they do with it is on their own head, unless they are foolish enough to start bagging these faults of others and carrying them upon their own backs as you are doing here.

When ever you set out to judge another, you can expect to be judged yourself by the same blindness you used to judge them.

Only God knows the hearts and minds and weaknesses of each of us. It is your choice, as it was Paul Dunn's choice. What you both have and are choosing to do with your influence is all up to yourselves.

Tell you what Hyde, you are more condemned for not forgiving than Paul is for lying, because Paul has repented.

But Paul H. Dunn was not actually a church leader at the time, was he? I don't think? :unsure:

I remember thinking when I heard about this: "Oh, no, Brother Dunn! You have let the people who heard your words (or read them) down, you have let the Lord down, but far, far worse, you have let yourself down."

I was just so very sad when it came out. :(

Originally posted by Matt@Aug 22 2004, 03:53 PM

But Paul H. Dunn was not actually a church leader at the time, was he? I don't think? :unsure:

I remember thinking when I heard about this: "Oh, no, Brother Dunn! You have let the people who heard your words (or read them) down, you have let the Lord down, but far, far worse, you have let yourself down."

I was just so very sad when it came out. :(

The post wasn't deleted for speaking about only Dunn. It also spoke about Neal Maxwell inappropriately.

Guest GOD'S ARMY

I grew up with the inspirational words of Paul H. Dunn. He is and was one of my father's favorites. I asked him what he thought of the whole thing and he just told me that his favorite books were always fiction and that no matter how much truth was in the story it was inspiring and made him feel good.

Originally posted by GOD'S ARMY@Aug 22 2004, 06:13 PM

I grew up with the inspirational words of Paul H. Dunn. He is and was one of my father's favorites. I asked him what he thought of the whole thing and he just told me that his favorite books were always fiction and that no matter how much truth was in the story it was inspiring and made him feel good.

I don't know too many specifics about this, but I had some theories floating around in my head about this. Was Paul Dunn deliberately telling a falsehood?

The reason I ask, is that I know a few people (yes they are mormons, no they aren't like that because they are mormons) who actually fabricate facts in their minds and if they think it, they consider it to be factual. Kind of like a personal revisionist history thing going on. I thought that perhaps that was the case with Paul Dunn.

Guest TheProudDuck

I wonder how many people who think Paul Dunn was absolutely horrible for embellishing some of his war stories think equally poorly of John Kerry for his "Christmas in Cambodia" fantasy.

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Aug 23 2004, 02:53 PM

I wonder how many people who think Paul Dunn was absolutely horrible for embellishing some of his war stories think equally poorly of John Kerry for his "Christmas in Cambodia" fantasy.

Oh, well, that's completely different.