Sex Education for children as young as 5

SkyWishes

Its my job to indoctrinate my kids - I do that properly then all the sex ed in the world won't make a huge difference to them and will provide us with talking points.

Early sex education tends to more about awareness of your own body, and that of those around you. Girls need to know the basics of reproduction before they start menstrurating which because of better nutrition more and more girls are starting at 8. it doesn't do a man any harm to be aware of it either. At that point certainly its important we start teaching about basics of birth control and relationships and more importantly about finding the strength to say NO they might not teach fidelity in marriage but can encourage children to make an informed strong decision which usually allows a child not to be stupid at as young as 10-11 (given the ages of youngest children in our countries to reproduce) - I would rather a non LDS child faced with that decision at least used a condomn yes - or even one of my own whilst I will be teaching them about sex within marriage and why chastity is so exciting and great - if they do slip up I would much rather birth control was used. And whilst I don't want them to be homosexual I do want them to be accepting of people whoever they are. I'd rather they accepted people than bullied people.

There are people who live in Israel the same way they did in Jesus' time we can have a pretty good guess as to how biblical people certainly in the New Testament lived. In many Muslim countries a woman maybe covered in a Burkha but it is perfectly normal to breastfeed whereever you choose, cafe, bus etc rights women in the UK and US have been fighting for, for years.

In England we have always been introduced to sex earlier than American's - it may say No Sex Please were British on the slogans but our society has at least this century been more open. I wonder how many Brits on this board watched Carry On Films as a child or attended a Pantomime - I didn't know I was being introduced to sex lol I found them funny and the slapstick in them is hysterical. I visited Blackpool at the time and know all the slogans - I also have a few Rugby songs which sadly being LDS means I will be the last family member for generations not to pass them on to my kids.

-Charley

oh and wanted to point out in order for England to actually become a Muslim country - you would first have to convince the Head of the Church of England to get rid of themselves - and if it came to a fist fight the head of the Church of England has considerable firepower. Given as our armed forces, police force and even the Scouts pledge allegience to the Head of the Church of England, not Gordon Brown, not a Muslim extremist but the Head of the Church of England

=Charley