Elder Wirthlin

Justice

Yes, I have one. When I was a missionary, we had a visit from Elder Wirthlin and his wife, they were reviewing our efforts to open up a new country to proselyting. My senior companion was an older guy (all of 25 years old) and when he discovered that E. Wirthlin & his wife were staying at a hotel that cost twice as much as another hotel down the road, he cancelled their reservation and booked them at the cheaper hotel. Without notifying anyone. When the Wirthlins got to our city, we grabbed their bags and walked with them about a mile to the other hotel. Sister Wirthlin was not well ( I think it was arthritis), but we all walked. I guess my comp thought the taxi was too expensive too.... Anyway, we spent two days with them and I never heard one complaint or comment from them about what my companion did. And I must say, the 'new' hotel was VERY humble, if you know what I mean. Yech. HiJolly p.s. I'll be attending the funeral. :-)

Edited by HiJolly
no CRs?