Disproving The Book Of Mormon

Snow

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Eros Augustus@Dec 21 2004, 02:42 PM

Not to mention that the further north you go the LESS like the asians the Native Americans become.

What the heck? The eskimos DON'T look Asian?????

Originally posted by curvette+Dec 21 2004, 12:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Dec 21 2004, 12:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Traveler@Dec 21 2004, 11:19 AM

A rather brash statement.  The Kiah were blond hair and blue eyed and I know of no DNA study that linked them to "north west asia and siberia".  In case you are wondering and I may have misspelled "Kiah", they were the first native Americans encuntered by the Europieans.

The Traveler

The first Native Americans encountered by the Europeans were the Arawaks. Definitely not "white and delightsome."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American

Well then if not delightsome, then delightful at the very least... not a stuck-up sticky beet amoung them!

Originally posted by curvette+Dec 21 2004, 12:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Dec 21 2004, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Dec 20 2004, 06:45 PM

that Native American forebearers may have mingled with BoM types and swallowed up their DNA.

The problem here is that the introduction of the Book of Mormon still states that the Lamanites were the Primary ancestors of American Indians.

What's the problem. Either JS was mistaken or science doesn't have all the final answers. Not much to lose sleep about.

Originally posted by curvette+Dec 21 2004, 08:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Dec 21 2004, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Eros Augustus@Dec 21 2004, 02:42 PM

For those of you arguing about time lines etc....

A friend of mine is a vulcanologist (spelling?) and about 2 years after the Mt St Helen's eruption I got to go with him and his fellow scientists up around the volcano.

And something that several of the said my intrest you.  What they said over and over was that if they hadn't been alive for the eruption and knew that it had just erupted they would have concluded that the present condition of the area would have been caused by erosion over thousonds of years.  Just the way "the cookie crumbled" would suggest that a long steady process had occured and not a super violent eruption.  That was the opinion of 9 or 10 men and women who study volcanos and plate techtonics for a living and all have PHD's.  So, I hesitate to fully trust any time lines that have been given. 

Also, I have heard of several native american folk lore that sound almost word for word out of the Book of Mormon, ie, the sun going dark for 3 days, the fact that when the Spanish discovered the america's the conqistador was refered to as "the great white god" (refering to Christ) because he came from the east and had a light complection and a beard. 

Not to mention that the further north you go the LESS like the asians the Native Americans become.  So they knew how to build pyramids etc but suddenly forgot when they got here then got south and though oh ya, we can build huge pyrimamids.....I think the other way around would make more sence.  Got over here, did what what they knew how to do and as time went on and they moved north began to adapt in different ways thus becomming less and less like the asians. 

I think the word of God and science go hand and hand BUT since we don't fully understand either one I think it would be safer to follow what the prophets of God have said than to rely on our own understanding.  After all in the 40's they thought you're face would peel off if you went 60mph!

Even a very low IQ "vulcanologist" would realize that layers of ash surrounding a volcano would probably be caused by volcanic eruptions. I suggest you find smarter people to hang out with. :)

they were talking about the way the landscape appeared. Such as how the land had reformed and how the plant life and animal life had returned so much quicker than expected.

they were talking about the way the landscape appeared. Such as how the land had reformed and how the plant life and animal life had returned so much quicker than expected.

All fields of science far removed from vulcanology, as it happens. Next time, take the right types of scientists with you! ;)