Help

brittanyrocks07

ok... my friend is dating this guy jeff and he keeps calling her and shes too scared to break up with him. the other day he kept calling her so she hung up on him. he left her a voicemail that said "this is jeff and i just want to prewarn you not to ever f****** hang up on me again" and that scares me. im scared hes going to hurt her b/c he knows where she lives. shes scared too and doesnt know what to do. can you guys help us?

thx

BRIT

Originally posted by brittanyrocks07@Jan 2 2005, 08:06 PM

ok... my friend is dating this guy jeff and he keeps calling her and shes too scared to break up with him. the other day he kept calling her so she hung up on him. he left her a voicemail that said "this is jeff and i just want to prewarn you not to ever f****** hang up on me again" and that scares me. im scared hes going to hurt her b/c he knows where she lives. shes scared too and doesnt know what to do. can you guys help us?

thx

BRIT

Has she still got the voicemail? Get a restraining order. Go to the local authorities, let them know what's happenning, show them the voicemail, and they'll take it from there. Problem solved. A lot of my friends have had kind of the same thing...

I agree with Franken, tell her to get out of that relationship as quickly as possible. I've been in similar situations and I know its hard to just walk away but she needs to before she gets seriously hurt. Whatever you do, just don't let her stay with him no matter what, cuz it isn't going to get better only worse. She'll definetetly need a best friend like you though so thats great that you are sticking with her. I hope everything works out.