AIS - and how it breaks my brain! Help needed.

interalia

It is so hard to be an advocate for the Gospel to my brethren and sisters who struggle as I have, when I can offer no promises of understanding, no guarantees that they won't be crushed taking my path.

If you have truly felt the witness of the Spirit that the Law of Chastity is truly the law of God... if you have seen the blessings that come from obeying that law... then you can offer that guarantee. All people can rest assured that they will not be crushed by taking the path of following the law of God.

I can only go by the Spirit and speak as I am dictated to speak.

Yes, and if those you speak to will also listen by the Spirit, then all will be edified together, and come to a greater understanding.

I have so many many detractors though. I am overjoyed when I find a person willing to listen to my story, to seek an answer other than that which the world floods them with. I constantly try to promote a message of selflessness despite a condition which seems it will overwhelm you if you don't think only of yourself. But my detractors have strong arguments, and they are based in accepted evidence, numbers, and common wisdom, ...

That's debatable, in my opinion. :)

while I only offer faith and the 'hope' of a better life. It is no wonder so many who hurt have such a hard time hearing a message that seems on its surface will only bring them more pain.

It's a wonder to me why this message would bring pain to anybody... if it is understood the right way. The message is not to deny yourself, but it is to find yourself.

There is much to ponder on if you will think outside yourself. Much adversity in the world, afflictions of all different types... and it is all for a grand purpose. There is a great and glorious goal we are all reaching toward. A great potential that we all have, no matter what our individual trials may be. There is much that life can offer us, beyond being identified by our own personal physical or spiritual handicaps.

I know it's not easy, but it's definitely possible and totally worth it, to invite Jesus in to help break our chains, that we might find great fulfillment in our lives.

Many feel as if they have been hurt by members of the church which makes me a difficult person to listen to. I can understand this. The lack of revelation leaves many confused as to how to deal with their peer, friend, relative, son, daughter, father, or mother who struggles with their gender which usually results in at worse, ignorant statements, or at best, spiritual triteness.

I hope folks can understand that anytime we try to reach out and invite people in to the gospel (any part of it), that even if we don't perhaps understand by experience where they're coming from, we do know by experience what peace and joy the gospel can bring! And we hope that doesn't come across as self righteous or ignorant, but just as a loving brother or sister wanting to share the joy of the gospel.

I desperately desire to bridge this gap - this ever widening gap. The world would convince these brothers and sisters of mine that the Lord's plan is unattainable, that it is steeped in tradition - a tradition that never considered them.

Steeped in tradition, yes. Time honored and proven tradition.

But tradition that never considered them? No. Gender confusion is not a new thing in the history of the world- there have been societies throughout history in which the roles of men and women have been confused, and great has been the fall of those societies when things escalated to the point of great wickedness.

I wish to bring hope, to tell them that they can know their Savior, they can feel love, direct love, from a Heavenly Father. Even if things don't make sense, they can rely on the arm of the Lord, and feel safety even while it appears their ship will sink in the raging storm. These are all the things I have experienced.

Definitely. And if there are things that don't make sense, we can also help with those concerns, for it all makes sense to me.

I keep looking for answers to questions, something to stand strong against the tide of worldly knowledge, something profound that breaks the adversary's stormy winds, but none of my arguments hold much weight, and in the end, I am left with only one thing in my arsenal - my personal experience and testimony, which is, at best it seems, anecdotal compared to the shared experiences of so so many which do not relate to it.

Rather than looking for something profound to break their arguments, sharing your testimony really does make a bigger difference to touch people's hearts, to show them the peace the gospel can bring. Faith in God is never misplaced. Blessings are not withheld when we obey the associated commandments. When we start with faith in God, and try the Word, our understanding will be increased. Seek for that understanding, pray for it- that is how they can obtain it.

Why should my experience be so different from others? Why should the Lord favor me with such specific direction, while others wander on their own? Am I particularly blessed, or just particularly deluded? I don't know, and perhaps that is the trial of my faith.

Perhaps it is. Of course I can't tell for sure you why you may have been blessed with a spiritual witness and blessings while others have not... I try not to judge... only to exhort, to invite... the witness of the spirit, and the blessings of obedience, are available to all who will come and join in the feast!

Another thought... perhaps the speed with which God blesses us and answers our prayers is not always directly a result of our own faith / desire / obedience. Perhaps it has something to do with an individual potential that we have that only Father in Heaven knows about- a potential to grow and become stronger in our search for Him.

What defines male and female?

It's not genitalia. It can't just be chromosomes (some have one or two extra sex chromosomes). It can't be whether or not they're able to get pregnant (else infertile women would be men instead.)

These things are all we can physically measure, but I honestly don't believe are accurate. I think the true determination of male/female IS the Spirit.

MOST of the time a male spirit is CLEARLY in a male body. MOST of the time a female spirit is CLEARLY in a female body. But sometimes there's confusion.

Sometimes confusion is psychological, and part of that can be due to nurture, rather than nature.

To shed some light on that confusion, we do have a proclamation to the world:

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children.

These aren't answers, but things to ponder.