Benefits of Flax Seed Oil

It has been proven that seed oils are very beneficial for our health, flax seed oil can do wonders for your body. But you may not know what are the real benefits, where it comes from and what is even better than flax seeds.

Our body needs a high amount of essential fatty acids to function well, a lack of those fatty acids can cause many medical conditions that you dont want to suffer. Flax seeds contain one important omega 3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid (ALA). (ALA) is a plant derived fatty acid, that is similar to the ones found in fish oil, studies have proven the great benefits of fish.

Some common benefits are:

- lower cholesterol levels

- lower blood pressure

- reduce risk of heart attack

- prevents breast cancer

Taking flax seed oil in your daily diet is very beneficial and you may find it easily. Many cereals and bakery goods have flax seeds. Another option is to get flax seed flour to use in your baking. You can even make pancakes from those seeds. Use flax seed oil in your cooking instead of others.

However im going to tell you a little secret, even though alpha linolenic acid found in flax seeds is very beneficial for your health, it doesent even close to meet the benefits of DHA and EPA essential fatty acids found in fish oil.

It has been proven that our brain is 60% fats and of that more than half are dha fats. That means that a lack of dha fatty acid can lead to several mental disorders like lack of focus, loss of memory, depression, stress, alzheimer and more.

It has also been proven that omega 3 fish oil lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, improves the immune system, improves vision, prevents cancer, heals joint pain, arthritis and more.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Funny, I see a quote like this and I at least have to mention the facts I am aware of relating to the opposite point of view. Flax is one of the 3 Omega 3 oils, ALA, and DHA and EPA are the other 2. EPA is best for cardiovascular, DHA is good for brain and nerves, and I think ALA, from what I have been able to find, isn't really good for either until the body converts it into one of the other two, which seems to be very slowly. On the other hand, I know healthy vegans who clearly get no DHA or EPA from their diet and don't supplement, so they are stuck with just ALA, and seem fine in my experience, so sometimes you throw the book out the window and wonder if anyone knows anything. I do anyway. The last thing, though, just for balance, is if someone has a Candida infection, flax oil is one of the worst things a person can take since it is used directly to reproduce at very high rates, so it can aggravate yeast infections in various parts of the body. Just something to be aware of. A good test is to take some fresh every day until you realize you feel really crummy and that can't be possible because this is so good for you. I had that experience, along with a brother and an in-law who also has trouble with fish oil, which I don't. It is the type of unsaturated fat that does this, so other oils considered can be problems in this environment as well. My only reference is the middle of a video. I have experienced it. The same guy who points this out does have flax oil in his EFA supplement, so he isn't against it, just aware of where it shouldn't be used.

My favorite fish oil supplement is Nature's Way Omega Gold.

Edited by RobertP
Add a note
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

It has been proven that seed oils are very beneficial for our health, flax seed oil can do wonders for your body. But you may not know what are the real benefits, where it comes from and what is even better than flax seeds.

Our body needs a high amount of essential fatty acids to function well, a lack of those fatty acids can cause many medical conditions that you dont want to suffer. Flax seeds contain one important omega 3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid (ALA). (ALA) is a plant derived fatty acid, that is similar to the ones found in fish oil, studies have proven the great benefits of fish.

Some common benefits are:

- lower cholesterol levels

- lower blood pressure

- reduce risk of heart attack

- prevents breast cancer

Taking flax seed oil in your daily diet is very beneficial and you may find it easily. Many cereals and bakery goods have flax seeds. Another option is to get flax seed flour to use in your baking. You can even make pancakes from those seeds. Use flax seed oil in your cooking instead of others.

However im going to tell you a little secret, even though alpha linolenic acid found in flax seeds is very beneficial for your health, it doesent even close to meet the benefits of DHA and EPA essential fatty acids found in fish oil.

It has been proven that our brain is 60% fats and of that more than half are dha fats. That means that a lack of dha fatty acid can lead to several mental disorders like lack of focus, loss of memory, depression, stress, alzheimer and more.

It has also been proven that omega 3 fish oil lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, improves the immune system, improves vision, prevents cancer, heals joint pain, arthritis and more.

I really admire you to share a such good information about the benefits of Flax seed oil. I will try to use these information to get rid from different health problems.

Nashville Boot Camp

Edited by Barnaby

• 4 weeks later...