LDS IRC Channel! :D

I was tired of the flashchat going way slow on my computer, so I set up a nice, quick IRC channel! :D

Server: irc.nightstar.net

Channel: #lds

EDIT: not_ashamed and I were just testing it, and it works fine! and it goes SO FAST! 0_0;

I also got it all up and in plublic working order :)

Edited by Batmanifestdestiny

/me looks at mIRC in his taskbar

It's been a long time since I opened up mIRC or anything like it. I used to use it years ago, but if I chose to use an IRC program today for whatever reason, it'd be an open source one, which mIRC unfortunately isn't (it's not even really freeware, though a lot of people use it like it is).

The only IRC commands I remember are /kline and /kill ... they just happened to be the ones I used the most ;)

I haven't used ACTUAL IRC (Dalnet, Effnet, etc) in years. A friend of mine runs an IRC server that a bunch of us still use... we've been using it since high school, so checking to see who is online in the evening is kind of a habbit... heck, some of them have IRC clients on their iphones, so they're almost always around.

people still use irc? its been years since i last logged on it

Plenty of people use IRC! It used for everything from Linux tech support to game modding to programming! :D

Though, mIRC isn't the only way to go, there are plenty of free programs like Pidgin and IceChat that are freeware(and opensource a good amount of the time) IRC clients, or you can use the java based client that nightstar.net(the server that's hosting#lds) uses! :D

Personally, I use it for #lds, general chatting, tech support, and game mod collaborating :)

Plenty of people use IRC! It used for everything from Linux tech support to game modding to programming! :D

Though, mIRC isn't the only way to go, there are plenty of free programs like Pidgin and IceChat that are freeware(and opensource a good amount of the time) IRC clients, or you can use the java based client that nightstar.net(the server that's hosting#lds) uses! :D

Personally, I use it for #lds, general chatting, tech support, and game mod collaborating :)

I do prefer forums nowadays for that type of stuff, simply because forums aren't designed for chatting in real time. People can look over the conversation 24 hours later and add their own thoughts. You aren't completely stuck with the advice of whoever happens to be online at the time who could very likely be wrong. Plus, unless the channels are very popular, it's likely everyone in there is actually idle, which is a little annoying.

When I do use IRC (rarely), ChatZilla (Firefox extension) works fine.

I tend to not enjoy trying to decipher chatspeak, and find that most chat rooms I've inhabited attract rather immature types (hopefully, one oriented toward LDS would attract a more literate, less vulgar crowd).

when i do use irc (rarely), chatzilla (firefox extension) works fine.

I tend to not enjoy trying to decipher chatspeak, and find that most chat rooms i've inhabited attract rather immature types (hopefully, one oriented toward lds would attract a more literate, less vulgar crowd).

u r tllng me tht u dnt actlly undrstnd mbl phn txt spk good neithr do i. I hd 2 us a trnsltr 2 gt ths fr.

Knowing Lbybug, the prochatting script created by none other than Eli ;)

/me gasps!

how did you know??? who ARE you???

i actually haven't used that one in YEAAAAARS. a couple friends of mine made some that i used. then there were a few i found that i really liked. can't think of em much offhand, just that they were awesome. been tooooo long since i used em.