Interesting

Palerider

Personally I think the unemployment is above 10%. You have to take into account the people that have been out of work long-term, who only have access to part-time work, etc,...

In my part of the world, something favourable seems to be happening - part time jobs are on the rise and hours are dropping. Though, in saying that, I think the media is hyping it hugely as it doesn't seem to be widespread.

I'm no economist, but I think that you need three things for the economy to grow.

1-You need some thing that the people of this country desire. If they desire only to survive with food, cloths and housing, then they will work for food, cloths and housing, only.

2-You need a workforce who are willing to be productive, equal to there desires.

3-You need some people who are willing to gamble there money by investing in there own, or a company that belongs to some one else, to provide what the people desire.

President Obama is doing the opposite on all three, which put's me at a dichotomy. I want to be right but I also want unemployment to go down. Out of the two, I want the second more. But don't see how it can.