Moses, Aaron, and Pharaoh, and a possible Covenant with God.

i have a theory, and its nothing delving into deep doctrine, just an impression I had as I was reading through Exodus and the account of Pharaoh's hard heartedness (and headedness) in letting the Israelites go.

My theory has several facets:

1. Miracles are shown only to those who beleive. I think that Pharaoh, to a degree, beleived in God.

2. I beleive he made a covenant, or an agreement with God to let the people go, and let them worship God.

3. When Pharaoh saw that things weren't getting done, he got angry, and needed them back. Or so he thought. Because he wouldn't let them go, I beleive he was breaking his agreement with God, which would justify the fact that he was inundated with plagues. His stupidity in chasing them down (probably either to kill or round them back up to go work for him still) was probably the last straw.

This is just a strong idea I had while reading through it, if anyone else here knows anything else to back this up, or even to refute it, I would greatly appreciate it.