Having Children...

alexloramer

Guest mormonmusic
Hidden

My sister in law married a non-Mormon. YES -- the conflicts were many. Ultimately my sister-in-law is less active. Her husband and his family won't let the children attend Church. I saw move somewhere there are a lot of Mormons and find a wife so you don't have to put up with being "unequally yoked" in transmitting the gospel to your next generation. And, threaten your own activity in the process.

My husband is not LDS and I was inactive when we met and married. When I decided to become active again, and take our son to church, he had no objections. Although he does not attend, he was very active in the Cub Scout program (in fact, when they could not fill the calling with a member, my husband was the Scout leader) and is very involved in our Boy Scout program at this time. Both my son and I attend the Temple often, and he will be going on his mission in two years. So, I can honestly say that we have had no contention in regards to religion.

• 3 months later...
Guest teenbs1234
Hidden

Hi. I'm married with a non-mormon. I couldn't find any mistake or misunderstanding regarding raising of children. I would recommend you to send them to boarding schools. They will surely learn a lot there especially confidence, descipline and responsibility. You will see the difference between your children on boarding schools and those children on private non-boarding schools. Why don't you try this Top Boarding Schools website.