Dating

LDSk8r890

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you feel like that, but in all honesty you did post and ask. Just remember that most of us are older, and in giving advice, chances are it's from EXPERIENCE, not because anyone wants to make you miserable. Wouldn't it be nice if you could follow the advice of your elders and not make the same mistakes they made when they were growing up? My youngest brother comes to me for advice all the time and I told him last time "Why even ask? I tell you what you should do and you go ahead and do what you want to anyway, so why don't you just save us all some time and go ahead and do what you're going to anyway." I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong, and I'm not saying what you're doing is right, but I got the feeling from reading your posts that you really just wanted us all to tell you what you wanted to hear, not what we actually thought. I'm 25, it wasn't that long ago that I was in college and high school, yet when I'm out and about and I see high schoolers or even college kids, I look at my husband and ask "Were we ever that immature?" and the answer is yes :) We were. I'm not saying what you need to do, but I guarantee you that when you get older, you'll look back on things and probably think the same way most of us older people do.

Originally posted by Franken+Mar 1 2004, 03:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Franken @ Mar 1 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -cedar@Mar 1 2004, 01:08 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Franken@Feb 28 2004, 10:10 PM

I think breaking up with her would be a good idea, but only if you can do it without hurting feelings, here's what I think would work out for you.

Who bloody cares if you hurt her feelings! You are 12! My advice for all of you. Go see the movie About A Boy (just the first 20 minutes).

It doesn't matter what age you are. Everyone still has feelings no matter how old. I think that is very insensitive. You wouldn't hurt someone that you love.

I am insensitive.

And you are not hurting them in the long run. You are helping them and yourself. It is win win.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 1 2004, 04:46 PM

I can tempt Satan if I want. Im giving him a challenge and seeing what he can do... Plus, Im not an idiot. Im listening to my parents. Im not going to have sex until after Im married! I dont care about the facts! Half those people aren't LDS anyway, so those percentages mean crap to me. IM NOT GOING TO HAVE SEX UNTIL AFTER IM MARRIED! Gosh, why did u even have to bring it up? I was talking about DATING in the first place! :angry::angry::angry:

Go ahead, tempt Satan see what happens. As for me, I will stand as far as from the edge of the cliff as possible. Also, I am not quite sure you understand what tempting Satan really means. If you did, you wouldn't want to do it.

Don't wait till marriage because of your parents. Set the standard because you want to do it for yourself.

All those people in the survey are from LDS households. This is information from 1993.

And if they are LDS or not it doesn't matter. Just because you have been baptized that does not make you immune to the troubles of the world.

I brought it up because dating leads to marriage. Unless you are only dating in order to score and leave the one you are dating.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 2 2004, 07:56 PM

My parents DO know I have a girlfriend who is NOT LDS and she feels okay about dating and she ALSO decided not to have sex til shes married! (It felt kind of awkward asking her that) I wasn't talking about sex in the first place, I was talking about dating.

If it felt akward that is good. That means breaking up will be easier. If it doesn't feel akward you are too close. Also, if you ever fart and she is ok with it, you are waaaaaaaaay too close.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 3 2004, 11:20 AM

Im mad because people are actinglike my mom and Im regretting ever posting this subject (although it did give us something totalk about...)

Just so you know I am not one bit sorry and neither should you be. Isn't the internet amazing. If I was going through the same thing at your age, I would have had to resort to talking to people. You are able to talk to other LDS people who you will never meet! You can be angry all you want, but on the other end, we all have lives and visit this board once in a while.

PS, my advice is not always right, but I garuntee you will always be upset when you hear it.

By the way, see the whole movie then. I said the first 20 minutes because after that point, you will not want to stop watching. You can see it for free if you go to a library you know.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 1 2004, 03:46 PM

I can tempt Satan if I want. Im giving him a challenge and seeing what he can do... Plus, Im not an idiot. Im listening to my parents. Im not going to have sex until after Im married! I dont care about the facts! Half those people aren't LDS anyway, so those percentages mean crap to me. IM NOT GOING TO HAVE SEX UNTIL AFTER IM MARRIED! Gosh, why did u even have to bring it up? I was talking about DATING in the first place! :angry::angry::angry:

Oh man. Sk8r, if you were in our seminary class today, it was designed just for you. If I were you, I wouldn't be pushing Satan and challenging him. In our seminary class today we were talking about David and all the sins he got into. Sure at first it was small, but it eventually got bigger and bigger. The more sinning he would do, the easier the harder sins would be. Something I really remembered about that seminary lesson though is that, if say the most righteous boy, and the most righteous girl were to drive down a dark alley and park there for a while, not even they could resist the temptation. We all have limits, and if we're pushing those limits, things are bound to happen. So, my advice to you is to not even push those limits in the first place, because sometimes when you do, you don't have control anymore because your limit has been broken. It starts out as dating, but it'll get worse... no matter how much you think it won't, it will.

That's just my two cents!

Hey, sorry but I couldn't help it I just found the quote I was lookin for, it was by Spencer W. Kimball

"The devil knows how to destroy our young girls and boys. He may not be able to tempt a person to murder or to commit adultery immediately, but he knows that if he can get a boy and a girl to sit in the car late enough after the dance, or to park long enough in the dark at the end of the lane, the best boy and the best girl will finally succumb and fall. He knows that all have a limit to their resistance."

Just had to share it.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 5 2004, 11:21 AM

Guess what? My girlfriend dumped me okay? So get off the subject. Are you happy now? :(<_<:angry:

So did it last a week? Look, we are not trying to be mean. You need to read the chapter in Nephi when Nephi explains the dream of Lehi to his brothers and then the brothers say, you have spoken harshly to us and it is more than we can bare. And Nephi says "the wicked take the truth to be hard" Now Nephi never reports that his brothers than ran his underpants up the flaagpole after that comment, but the point is, The truth must be spoken. Not to condemn the wicked, but to justify the righteous. There are righteous youth out there who should NOT BE MOCKED for choosing the right.

Originally posted by Franken@Mar 7 2004, 03:18 PM

Hey, sorry but I couldn't help it I just found the quote I was lookin for, it was by Spencer W. Kimball

"The devil knows how to destroy our young girls and boys. He may not be able to tempt a person to murder or to commit adultery immediately, but he knows that if he can get a boy and a girl to sit in the car late enough after the dance, or to park long enough in the dark at the end of the lane, the best boy and the best girl will finally succumb and fall. He knows that all have a limit to their resistance."

Just had to share it.

good quote.

Ever read the talk by Jeffrey R Holland, Sous Symbols and sacrifice? It is really good!

My kids won't date until they are 16 and thats only group date, when they turn 18 I will allow them to date on there own....Reason is because by then they are ready to handle the serousinesses of dating and what comes with it...

12 years olds shouldnt even considerate it, they are young, immature and not ready for the reality of dating or the responsibility that comes with it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lzzy the Lizzard

(LDSk8r890 @ Mar 1 2004, 04:46 PM)

I can tempt Satan if I want. Im giving him a challenge and seeing what he can do... Plus, Im not an idiot. Im listening to my parents. Im not going to have sex until after Im married! I dont care about the facts! Half those people aren't LDS anyway, so those percentages mean crap to me.

Wow!!!! Sk8r I hope Satan or one of his angels wasn't standing around when you typed that. It's not very smart to tempt him. Remember misery loves company and he will do what ever it takes to make you miserable. Don't get a big head and think you know all that. You are still pretty naive. holy cow your only 12!!! :o And I have to agree with cedar dating does lead to marriage so all of this is inter-twined.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Casual dates don't exist in Argentina, so, though I liked some guys during High School, I never dated them. Actually I had my first date at 20.

I think that dating at such a young age((12) is not profitable. It's very unlikely that you will marry someone you have dated since you were a teenager.

Regards!

• 2 months later...

I agree with all the people here :)

Im 14, i never really got into the pointless 1 week dating thing, i just focused on school XD

Nowdays im going pretty well, i decided just to start having girls as friends like so i could get along with girls for later on, also my best friend that is a girl is already taken so theres no temptation there ^_^

I always believed that those dates and stuff are a bit pointless, why go on dates when you can just make friends with the girls and still find out what poeple like and yehh?

Dating is for the older :)